OW should be a party game, not a competitive game

Imagine how much fun OW2 would be if the characters were fun and crazy things like junkrat were embraced instead of being forced to side note. I loved OW1 because of all the fun crazy chaos, OW2 just guts the fun from the game because of the “skill” argument.

59 Likes

The sad part is that the devs still think they are doing a good job at balancing the game.

24 Likes

I mean, that’s what made it big to begin with. It was the first big FPS to be accessible to any type of gamer, which is why it was such a colossal success. There’s a reason why the game has steadily declined in popularity with every change made to make the game more “skill-based and competitive”.

56 Likes

It would have died way faster without ranked mode. Continually playing a game with no goal or progression gets boring after a while for a lot of people. I still want more crazy heroes too tho. Junkrat and wrecking ball are 2 of my favourite heroes. And people who are saying Junkrat requires no skill are just wrong.

13 Likes

TF2 goes brrrrrrrrrr

37 Likes

Yeah it’s a party all right, there’s a rehab person falling off the wagon in the back, one young and dumb dangerously drunk and underdressed, one dude with daddy issues just looking to fight and the neighboor called the cops but because it’s a poor neighborhood they ain’t coming.

4 Likes

There’s about twenty thousand other games where the sweats can get their pew-pew fix. Some of them are even owned by Activision, so turning Overwatch into some kind of Cartoon CoD is just cannibalizing those properties.

OW2 would be instantly better if they dumpstered Sweatlord 76 entirely, and gave Cassidy a lasso instead of gun.

13 Likes

You beat me to it, I was about to say this :joy:

3 Likes

It kind of was a party game at launch. There were no hero or role limits. The hard focus on OWL killed the game. There’s already like 20 other games out there that do comp better than OW.

8 Likes

Played dozens of games in beta 2 and didn’t do a single pew pew.

Signed, 1000 hour MT.

1 Like

true, but tf2 is also very moddable. And people were also playing it competitively.

A lot of people do ignore comp tho, at best they do their placements or grind for a few golden gun points but I highly doubt a casual audience would care a lot for a competitive mode.

4 Likes

Honestly OW would do MUCH better if it was moddable. They should work more on a map maker and adding models to the game, would work wonders with its workshop modes.

3 Likes

Who plays tf2? Hell valve doesn’t even support it really anymore.

2 Likes

Sombra being replaced by an among us crewmate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OW2

because of OWL and the greed that came with it… also pro players behaving like little crybabies… just complaining on twitter how much they hate this or that meta… these guys are delusional, they are playing for money, its a job… when i would complain like that i would lose my job or being told to look for something new.
when your unhappy with your job go find something new… they dont wanna learn the true reality of that. really annoying they think the game is only being made for them… majority of them probably cannot handle a real job with responsibilities and professional behavior.

3 Likes

I like the competitive aspect, lends itself better to teamwork and improving yourself

Also OW2 is way more fun than OW1

2 Likes

“OW should be a party game, not a competitive game”.
Arcade Modes and Custom: … Am I a joke to you?

2 Likes

Go play destiny if you want a party game, that game is literal cheese. The hitboxes in that game is crazy, the aim assist for controllers is absurd, bullet magnetism makes landing headshots a breeze for MNK users, the ability spam is actually worse than overwatch and yeah you can even have a build where you can make barriers AND heal yourself all at once. That game is a true party game

It’s currently at #8 for top games being played right now on Steam (10am PDT/1pm EDT), with ~105k current players.

For a 15 year old f2p game that’s declined in quality substantially over the years and doesn’t really get any new content at all, I’d say that is very impressive.

13 Likes