OW is inclusive, It's good bigots are upset about it

There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike the game, inclusivity and representation aren’t some of them. If you actually believe there are more important issues than a character’s identity and preference, if you really just wanted to play the game to have fun, you wouldn’t have bigot meltdowns over LGBTQIA+ representation within the game, there would be no need.

Nobody has to tiptoe around your dog-whistles, insulting terms, and dumb logic around the subject. You SHOULD feel uncomfortable about being a bigot and self-reflect on why you care so much about other people being represented and/or being happy about it.

Not playing the game with one hand because Venture isn’t to your attraction standards is not a problem. There is a difference in just not liking how the character looks and going on a rant online about it like it’s a personal offense. I’m sure plenty of you who have such a big issue with this aren’t visually pleasing to a lot of people, yet they aren’t melting down over it and I’m absolutely positive Venture has a lot of you beat in the looks department.

Venture doesn’t represent me but kudos to those who can feel represented and/or find them relatable, if the character makes you happy and feel more welcome then that’s great. A diverse cast is one thing that was always great about the game.

The real “I don’t need/care about representation” people are the ones who are indifferent about these things, at worse. The people asking why others need to feel represented, saying they’re tired of “alphabet people” and whining about “agendas” and having something “shoved down their throat” just because someone exists within media and possibly on their screen, are losers and will hopefully grow out of it.

Bigots being mad means something good is happening. Stay mad, bigots, I hope they keep adding more diverse characters because the people who feel validated and represented means more than the ones trying to exclude them.

20 Likes

I think I’ll bookmark this post for later so I can skim through the 500 replies of controversy it’s going to bring. :grin:

“Only through conflict do we evolve” -Terry Crews

2 Likes

venture represents children

You think it’s bad right know? I’m pretty sure forums june 24 is going to be like forums june 23, but x6, yeah, that bad.

1 Like

Remember kids, a capitalist will sell to racists and bigots easily. It just so happens inclusivity is in right now. The second its not, Blizz wont give a poop.

9 Likes

Legit question, but why do letters keep being added to the LGB thing? Isn’t that what the + is supposed to cover? Do some groups just get noisy enough until their letter is added to the thing?

12 Likes

I have seen r.w-memes with like 10 letters. Outside mockery, it usually ends at +.

You could just google it instead of asking someone in the forums.

bigot shmigot digot oh my golley you call these people bigots so much that they are gonna start using it as a compliment at this point. As for my opinion I just want cool characters and so far only 2 of them have been pretty interesting LORE wise ever since 2 released.

2 Likes

It’s just funny to pick this game out of all of them. The game with omnic rights as one of its core storybeats. The game that has platformed itself on diversity and accessibility from the get-go… :sob:

1 Like

Capitalism only cares because inclusivity means more money. They wouldn’t care if the opposite is true.

8 Likes

I’m asking you;

1. because I’m on the forums.
  2. you’re on the forums and you said LGBTQIA+

I’m just trying to understand when a group of people are relevant enough to add a letter, and when they’re just part of the +

When?

That’s what I said, no?

some identities are more equal than others

1 Like

You responded to me, so I figured you were OP. My bad. Why are you talking to me?

1 Like

When Did Star Trek get so woke!!!

/s

1 Like

“I miss when RaTM wasn’t so political…”

1 Like

Second was to you, you can see it on your notifications in the right corner above.

If you reply to someone without selecting a specific line, and your message is the next one, it doesn’t show in the forums. (They should fix it).

It will be removed before then

1 Like

At this point just let us delet our threads before this becomes the first/second most viewed thread of the week.