OW 2 monetization killing my excitement of the game

Dopamine levels raise up every headshot for free, my friend, none of those skins are even close.

Well, I won’t say it’s killing my excitement for the game. It’s making me question supporting Blizzard by being another account to show off to their shareholders and board… I’m only taking up server space but…

I’m like not excited for any events anymore : /
It’s just shop updates.

6 Likes

Personally I never cared about events, or much else besides playing comp and maybe 1/10 the time QP or DM for practice…

But my morality is beginning to weigh in.

2 Likes

Rust & skins are often like .99 cents and can be resold to buy other skins or steam games. Good value but a hard to play time consuming game. Also can be toxic if you don’t mute voice.

I was enjoying this game until I saw this event and the prices of the skins.

I regret buying the battlepass, I won’t buy anything ever again from Blizzard.

I thought I learnt my lesson before, but then I loved OW so much that I wanted to try it.

They won’t care ofc, enough people will pay, whales will compensate those who quit anyway.

Now I feel so dumb and I hate myself for being so weak and thinking “hey I’ll just try this again, no harm in paying a subscription in a game that I enjoy”.

Unfortunately I paid to be tempted even more. I don’t want to be tempted, to be constantly reminded that I’m a childish adult and weak minded, especially when I’m tired from work.

Yes I’m aware you can just “don’t pay”, but I prefer to avoid any temptation than keep giving to this greedy horrendous company.

4 Likes

The battle pass being a sort of premium sub is nice. It’s the lack of rewards outside of it and the outrageous prices in the shop that is the huge problem.

2 Likes

the end reward for Genji players is good btw, but doesn’t give enough customization in terms of color combinations since they come as presets. This isn’t really worth the grind or for some players worth the money.

most of the battle pass rewards also suck

2 Likes

Nothing to earn, nothing to buy. Battle pass is complete and halloween was complete in 2 hours. Skins are too expensive. We have 5 more weeks on the bp. Xmas is months away and well probably earn the weapon charm and name card from that event in 2 hours too. Welcome to ow2. Its a new era :slight_smile:

1 Like

In overwatch 1 I played so much I had everything. I guess I could be called a collector, I’m that regard.

In overwatch 2, I have resigned myself to not being able to collect any new skins. It’s the original skins or nothing now.

It’s a little sad Blizzard functionally removed cosmetics from overwatch by pricing them out of everyone’s reach. They’re just no longer able to be on the table.

4 Likes

As a long-time OW1 player and a Free (Non BattlePass) Player in OW2 I feel like i’m left out, honestly. I loved to jump in into the events and play to grind the new skins. Now i have nothing to play for.
Blizzard seems pretty proud of their numbers on launch day (25 mill+ players, i think it was?) and i…don’t know why, this game isn’t for the players, we don’t count. They don’t care about us. This is made for the “whales”. The players with high purchasing power, people with big money and small brains that think that these prices are fair, or just normal, or make some sense whatsoever.
And those are what? a 1% (being VERY generous) of the total player base?

5 Likes

They want to trade old players for some other fps folks it seems. The pve probably will cost a ton as well, removal of ow1. This game is only temporarily free to play with these absurd prices. The pve is payed. And for a payed game the shop is absurd.

Not for me personally, I just pretend the shop doesn’t exist. No point in acknowledging it since Blizz doesn’t seem to be acknowledging any feedback about it. I’ll probably buy BP’s since they are fair for the price they’re asking for especially considering what they inflate values to be for items inside it.

But the shop won’t get any of my money until there’s significant changes to it. Until then I’m just going to focus on my enjoyment of the gameplay.

check out splitgate. it’s an f2p arena shooter with a bp system that gives you actual nice cosmetics when you run the free route. at least it was like that when i played a few months ago.
i think it’s a nice change up

No games, per se, but you can get a

bundle

in WF that gives you a new shiny Prime and two new weapons.

that’s worth more than a pure cosmetic.

Don't hate me :(

I like Warframe and it’s better than OW garbage currently. It’s also co op. And cross play is currently available.

Haven’t played GoW but heard Ragnarök is good. Also AC Valhalla, too.

I always thought there was something very deeply wrong with a system that not only has you play the game to earn rewards, but also forces you to pay just to be able to redeem said rewards. And that’s only a small part of what is wrong with this type of monetization…

I see absolutely no reason to play.

1 Like

Games want us to play to earn rewards, then pay to redeem them, nowadays. :no_mouth: It’s the main reason I despise “Free” games. People will always argue that “why are you complaining? It’s a free game!” but it always ends up being more expensive than any regular-price game if you really want the satisfaction of earning rewards. Because even the rewards you earned, you can’t redeem without paying.

That’s just some BS mobile games tactic.