OW 2 monetization killing my excitement of the game

Anyone else feel this way?

Like I used to get excited to earn stuff like voicelines, emotes, and skins from playing the game. I bought the watchpoint pack and battle pass. But like… this game feels bare bones from the rewards side…

The prices feel so overpriced. I wanted the new junkerqueen skin. Its 1900 coins. Thats 19$… that’s ridiculous. Coming from someone who has bought a bunch of overwatch league skins.

I actually used to get excited for holiday events and new skins. Now voicelines aren’t worth buying. Emotes either. Highlight intros cost 7$ why? I have no excitement to play the new heroes because the cosmetics I get from them feel overpriced and under the usual quality for skins.

It also feels ridiculous that effectively doing 11 challenges per week gives you basically 60 cents worth of blizzard credit.

I was excited for halloween until I saw the shop.

Now I don’t think I am looking forward to any overwatch event. The battle pass of all things had the fairest price. But man this game feels bad on the monetization side.

Does anyone have any good game recommendations you can buy instead of the stuff in the shop?

98 Likes

Yes… the monitization is predatory to the point i expect the people who came up wirh it to appear on the next episode of “to catch a predator”.

19 Likes

We had a sort of ritual with my friend, everytime we finished a game in OW1, (we were lvling together) we were trying to guess what we’ll get from lootboxes

“ahah grey blueblue grey” yes, but also “OOOOH LEGENDARY SKIN INCOMING”

he stopped playing the third day, and everytime we finished a game, he was like “yup, was “fun”, see you tomorrow”, I stopped 12 days ago

Considering i uninstalled OW2 for good, I have plenty of time to test another game, I recommand Pathfinder Wrath of The Righteous and Pillars of Eternity 2 if you like rpg

31 Likes

I uninstalled the game today.

I have no reason to look forward to any event.

I have no leveling system.

I have no reason to play.

So now, I won’t be buying any future Blizzard games. I won’t be paying for the battlepass every 2 months. (Which even that I was loathe to do to begin with since I paid for OW1 and I was lied to saying it wasn’t going to be taken down for OW2.)

Nah. I’m done with this company, you should be too.

33 Likes

Me too. I have started to play Team Fortress 2 again.

They have missions with free skins and hats for Halloween

10 Likes

How many of the skins , sprays , emotes & skins did you actually use??

Ive had some for years that i dont use infact the only skins I really use are the ow league skins I’ve earned from watching.

1 Like

10000000000000000 this

I like to pick different skins before each match. But yea… I am already getting sick of stuff like quickplay in flex queue.

Now the events are just fomo overpriced shop updates and it just feels bad : /

I miss overwatch 1.

18 Likes

I used to switch my Skin every new MM season or every event season.

Christmas? I have cute skins. Halloween? I have Mercy Witch. Chinese New Year? I have Zen, etc.

Now is impossible unless you pay A LOT

8 Likes

Coming from someone who has had THOUSANDS of dollars in skins for games like CS:GO, I just don’t care about them in OW at all. I see absolutely no value to them.

It doesn’t ruin the game for me in any way but I suppose I can see where it would for others.
They should bring back loot boxes (for free, like they were in OW1) with low tier skins as common rewards, high tier stuff like the crazy skins / a chance at some coins as a rare reward.

5 Likes

That’s not important. It’s about having them or being able to use them anytime you want.

So many players also collect Pokemon and try to have them all. Only a few will go back after finishing the game and be like “yep… I am going to use my unevolved Loudred to beat the elite four” or something.

And even if you just use them once, that’s something.

The new prices kill the mood… or just the fact almost everything new has a price tag.

6 Likes

So you want more free stuff ln the off chance that you MIGHT use it.

Got it.

1 Like

I use every single Halloween skin for Halloween.

I use Christmas skins for Christmas.

I use all of the special skins depending on the time of year, or my mood.

There’s a ton of legendary skins I use.

3 Likes

Honestly are the new ones even that good compared to original Halloween leggos?

between this plus the game being pay to win and the horrible launch and the fact that I cant play OW1 anymore - almost all of my enjoyment of the game is gone

2 Likes

Dude, the game is free… who cares about dumb skins in any game…?

I bought lootboxes in the past for like 50/100 dollars because for my ps3 and pc account. Because it was more of a fair price for everything, if not it provided bad luck protection currency. So it took a fair bunch of progress off both accounts to get some currency after getting all the skins/voicelines/emotes.

This just killed my vibe to collect everything or anything. Since the price doesn’t match the quality. And it doesn’t feel like I am supporting a nice game. Ow 1 treated players more ethically. I liked when Jeff said they would add bad luck protection on lootboxes for example. I was more likely to support ow1 because it was just being more ethical and fair with its lootboxes.

This new model feels like trash and is killing my vibe to keep playing. If I can’t even get excited for stuff like the anniversary event or the holiday events.

I now am concerned with how they are going to handle the pve side. Especially with this horrible monetization.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was still keeping the game around in hopes that at least during events they’d have some kind of level up progression to unlock all the event goodies.

Then it turns out the “all the event goodies” are just two skins, a weapon charm, a highlight and a couple of voice lines, and the all-encompassing greed wouldn’t allow Blizzard to even let players have those without a giant price tag slapped on it.

Like, do you imagine it would’ve killed their bottom line to welcome all the new players with an event that lets you unlock cosmetics for the new characters by playing? Does anyone think Blizzard would’ve gone under if they did that? Because I think it could only have helped. It would’ve got people to stick around and play. It would’ve created some goodwill after the disastrous launch. It could even convince people like myself who are completely turned off by the monetization and the unrewarding battle pass to give it a second thought.

But whatever. Game uninstalled, P5R on Game Pass ain’t gonna play itself.

7 Likes

And thats the whole point of abstaining from purchasing an item that is clearly overpriced.

Eventually they’ll get the message of , either make the skins look dope for the asking price , or lose money.

Yea, other games are looking like more attractive options now…