OW 2 monetization killing my excitement of the game

Honestly gaming thesedays is as boring as batsh*t.

Thats why when im sick of modern games I return to my 1990’s platformers on Snes & sega.

Back in the days when “ micro transactions and DLC “ were called cheat codes & full games.

8 Likes

Lots of folks do, actually

I accept that you personally dont find them to have any importance, but for many players, having certain skins improves their satisfaction and enjoyment of a given game

also - while the game is free, it is also pay to win

4 Likes

Yea I still payed for ow1. It feels like a downgrade and they took out overwatch 1 for this mess.

7 Likes

It’s impossible unless you play a lot

PAY A LOT

3 Likes

Typo, sorry

20 characters

Lol I thought it was fitting though.

mb try GAMING instead of SHOPPING lol

I was still on the edge on whether I’d play the new WoW expansion when it came out but I gotta admit, the idea of supporting blizz after this is unpleasant. The company literally went from being my favorite to one I resent.

2 Likes

Yea… I got my battle pass around lvl 120 ish. Sort of not looking forward to anything in the game. New events is just a shop update it feels like. It feels like you can play this game and do the challenges but get nothing out of it without paying something for the game.

The battlepass is the fairest thing so far in ow2. But even that has some weird monetization for buying levels. Then you just have an early start at the lvl 200 titles.

You just get more stuff from not playing the game and it feels bad.

Yes definitely.
The Wrath of the Bride is actually by far the best event in the game right now, unlike the events we got in OW1 where it’s just a bunch of horde defense and going from Point A to Point B, the new event features new interactions which is quite a breath of fresh air.

I would have bought the Kiriko skin in a heartbeat if it didn’t cost the same as another game, literally.

1 Like

Buy a Game Pass for 10$/month and have fun with any other games in their library!

If your personal subjective value regarding completely optional content is drastically hampering your enjoyment of every other aspect of the game, the problem isn’t Blizzard.

The problem is you.

Yeah, I was extremely disappointed by just how little you can earn playing the game.

I’m well aware how a F2P model works, but The battlepass is like 80%, rough estimate, locked behind the paywall. And the fact that they plan to lock future heroes behind said paywall ground out 55 levels or so is absurd.

If your game can’t hold an audience without forcing them to grind it’s not a good game, is it? That’s just one jerk’s opinion though, mine.

3 Likes

Um… I’m guessing you didn’t play overwatch 1? All the cosmetics were mostly available by just playing the game.

1 Like

The best joke I heard today.

2 Likes

Not free. Just for a reasonable price…

Like any other game in the decades before that.

How is it suddenly ok or needed to charge that much for skins when there were singleplayer offline games which had waaaaay more character designs than modern online shooter games with a few characters and some paid skins? Despite not even having a world to interact with… or a story.

These are just fantasy prices…

3 Likes

Yea I would rather pay for a game and earn cosmetics then whatever ow2 is.

6 Likes

blizzard can get stuffed. Absolutely nothing from a holiday event unless you pay a stupid amount of money for one skin. I LOVE keeping my money over just handing it over to the greed that is blizzard.

Heh, they actually caused a reverse-FOMO because I don’t want to invest anything in this game anymore. Not my time and not my money. Before release I was open to the idea of supporting it the same amount I did OW1 but now, after seeing how they operate, I don’t feel like giving them anything. This trash of an event was like the last straw because I was thinking that maybe events were going to be a highlight and make up for the garbage coin gains, you know. Lmao no.
Doesn’t matter whether I even care about the cosmetics (mostly I don’t but OW1 Halloween events did give me excitement), what matters to me is the way they operate and the sense of progression. And they have showed so many anti-consumer tactics that it just killed my desire to show any sort of support, including just playing the game.

5 Likes

I feel the same way.