OW 2 doesnt have SA servers?

Not fun having to buy a vpn to play in NA server with 120ms. We NEED a SA server to play ur beta, guys. So, blizz, hear ur players!

2 Likes

My source said they plan to have SA servers before the closed beta ends, but didn’t have a eta to share

1 Like

What VPN are you using? I already tried 5 and none of them work! The saddest part is that none of those provide free trial so every vpn i try is saying goodbye to 6-10$ :c help me brother!

hope your right. i really want to enjoy the game.

same bro, i normally get 55 ms to singapore but in beta they keep putting me in france servers lol. and if the servers are still there why arent they showing up in custom game settings as u said.

“good news”, instead of 350ms I have 180ms now, so I’m playing in NA now. Still hoping for a BR/SA server for test

Hi there - Provided that the information about the beta did state South America would have access to the beta, we would expect servers that reflect the desired gaming experience (even if not the final product, with bugs, quirks, etc). 200ms latency is not a quirk.

Right now the only feedback to give is “it’s super laggy” but we know exactly why it is laggy so any other input we might have would be clouded by that fact. I can tell you what I like or don’t like about the scoreboard but what sense does it make if the game is nearly unplayable just because of this.

I’ve opened a support ticket and I hope we get enough critical mass for enough servers to open up.

From a user standpoint, it looks like the client is “region-agnostic” without the ability to select regions, so it puts you wherever there’s capacity and less latency.

I know a million keys or more have been granted, though losing 90% of the tester base because of this is a waste for everyone
 Even NA is complaining about it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately, your concerns shared in the ticket system that relate to servers or the game client won’t reach developers. Tech Support is currently in place to troubleshoot the original Overwatch client, not beta concerns. If you want to reach developer eyeballs, commenting in #overwatch-2-pvp-beta-forums is the path forward.

I’ve opened a new post con the #overwatch-2-pvp-beta-forums already, you can join us there.
Please open the SA server

Im using exitlag. U can try 3 free days trial, then u can buy a plan if u like it.

1 Like

What server are you connecting to on the ExitLag app?

I use the vpn to play in Lax1 (Los Angeles) with 120ms. Or sometimes I use Ord1 (Chicago) with 130-140ms. Im from Chile btw.

From Argentina the best I can do is 180ms through Lax1.

GBR1 would be about 60ms.

We need to make this thread have traction, make noise here, Twitter and Reddit.

2 Likes

I wrote in every place I could with no concrete answer at all. Por que escribo en inglés? no sé si yo tmb soy un boludo que juega este juego a pesar de estar cuasi muerto. Que bronca que me da viejaaaaaa. De un Argentino frustrado a otro, saludos.

3 Likes

They said we would be able to play in Latam/Brasil in the beta page, there’s no point of giving us access to the game if we can’t play in our region which we ALREADY HAVE but it is NOT active.
It has never been active on the PTR cause THEY NEVER ACTUALLY did activate it.
When PTR released i recall at least i made a post about the same exact thing, but they never even listened to us.
Now we have this “beta” client that is just PTR with an update, and the servers are STILL NOT WORKING.
This is not a new problem, and its about time blizzard gives us a propper response, its been 5 years since PTR released and we still have no SA server to test things in there, WE DO OWN A DATACENTER BUT THE SERVERS ARE NOT ACTIVE

2 Likes

Seems like a good way to run a company. Support staff who can’t pass any customer complaints up the ladder to the people who could solve the complaints.

Maybe they only meant you can login with LatAm clients, not that the servers in the region would be available. Just guessing since there has been no movement on comments from players in that region,

Same problem with me. I play on middle eastern servers and usually get 40 ping. But on OW2 I am getting 200ms ping. There is definitely something wrong. Please address this issue. Thanks.

It looks like they were not able to do that for some reason I do not know and very likely wont be able to until the next beta.

Just uninstall and move on. Back to ow1 I guess
 I don’t know for how long tho, getting tired of Blizzard bs.