OW 2 doesnt have SA servers?

Ok, but we are a year away from OW2 full release, so in the meantime we want to play the betas properly, please do something about this, it makes no sense and everyone wants to play the new game, not stay in OW1 while everybody else is enjoying the new stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah, i dont want to wait for another beta to play it properly, i used my time to watch 4 hours of a stream to get access, now i want to play, so set up a server on SA. Being such a big company this shouldnt happen.

8 Likes

It does reflect the neglect the region of LATAM gets. Thereā€™s a LOT of people that wants to play here, a company that has billions of dolars doesnt have the money or hability to have servers on latam?. The lack of communication with the fan base does say something of blizzard. I bought the game TWO TIMES, been playing since day one and this is what we get for the support, is difficult to defend blizzard with all the things that have been happening, we got no content at all for years and then when finally ow2 beta comeā€™s out this is how we have to play?

7 Likes

Just take down BR server in OW1 and use it on OW2 lmao also we know in release it will have a SA server, but we canā€™t beta test because weā€™re from a different region, that is a punch to the face to players whoā€™ve been playing in that region. How can you have so many servers with different regions but canā€™t afford to place one in BR like in Live? Itā€™s beyond me.
Thank you for the answer, even if it conflicts with what was previously mentioned.

3 Likes

And about this answer, why so sassy? The disrespect is so unnecessary. This is why blizzard is going to hell. This further shows the lack of attention we get in LATAM. Youā€™re supposed to help us. I feel so pissed right now and discriminated. Look down below what Jambrix said, what is it then?

3 Likes

Soā€¦ is 250ms normal for you? Nice answer. Poor service

1 Like

Wow really ā€œprofessionalā€ from you Nicoleā€¦ lot of people complaning about the SA servers but according to you ā€œnothings wrongā€ā€¦ This only show how Blizzard treats their customersā€¦ What a lame that OW team keeps saying that listens to public opinion but here we have the thruht about it :slight_smile: ā€¦ Thanks againg Nicole to show us how itā€™s the reallity

1 Like

Not gonna lie, this is a bit of a disappointment for me, and Iā€™m sure for other gamers in my region who love the game as well. Iā€™m not surprised since this actually always happens with every beta (and in some cases even in final releases) in every game since forever, but I had a little faith in the overwatch team.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Just because it doesnā€™t seem to be very clear, Iā€™ll check one more time tonight if I can access any game with decent latency, if not, Iā€™ll opt for the sane thing and uninstall, which I also recommend to do to my SA friends, partly because as a developer myself, itā€™s not fair to those who invested time and effort in developing the game to have the experience ruined for a reason that one would think would be no problem in the year weā€™re in, and also and more important, its just unfair to the whole region.

(PS: Thanks Miss Nicole, for a moment I had forgotten the typical flat response from blizzard teams, itā€™s always good to remember the good old days playing WoW).

6 Likes

Totally agree, this shouldnā€™t be happening, the servers exist and they usually work fine, itā€™s not like itā€™s a new game starting from zero. So there are two options, theyā€™re not working because thereā€™s a problem or because they decided to not use them in the beta, and Blizzard is not being transparent about it.

1 Like

Why is this being marked as a solution? Please change that, theyā€™re not even giving a concrete answer, much less a solution.

2 Likes

Because I already asked on my own. I donā€™t work at Blizz, I tried to help, I got the info, delivered it and people are unhappy. Canā€™t do anything about it. Donā€™t take it out on me.

I dont believe that this post was useful at all, are we getting a server? or i should uninstall the game? maybe you guys could told us that there was no going to be a SA server before even getting the beta.

Hey, just adding some little info hereā€¦ thereā€™s nothing wrong with servers, the problem is that the South American server doesnā€™t exist at all, or at least, not for Overwatch 2ā€¦ It would have been nice to have a good experience, but i see why they didnā€™t wanted to invest on a server in a region thatā€™s not one of their main focussesā€¦ the problem here is that it shows how little they care about the South America/Latin America community, and they fail to understand that, if you do this kind of things, you shouldnā€™t be surprised by losing players on this regionā€¦ they donā€™t feel appreciated at all, instead, i can confirm that most of the SA community feels completelly abandonedā€¦

7 Likes

Exactly, the main problem here is the lack of transparency. We have servers in SA, and they work fine, but if theyā€™re not gonna use them in the betas we need to know, because then we can decide if we stay on the game, waiting, or migrate and come back in a year.

2 Likes

Yeah, we need someone to tell us what gonna happen, i dont want to get into the game everyday to see if a server is finally up. Itā€™s frustrating.

They answered to the best of their ability above. Overwatch developers donā€™t read this forum, and the customer support isnā€™t in direct contact with them to encourage opening more servers. Iā€™m confident they will announce their intentions before you buy the game, this is just a free beta. A beta version of the game isnā€™t going to be the most optimized at any company.

I know its not your fault but what a company, huh. 3 Years for new content and a entire region cant play it because no server. bruh.

3 Likes

We understand, the thing is, this is not entirely a beta but a VERY delayed update on a game that currently has a big player base and support in our region, and itā€™s working fine almost everywhere else. So we (and some parts of Asia) are being neglected, and it feels wrong.
So if someone can elevate this to whoā€™s responsible, weā€™ll appreciate it very much.
We just want either a solution or a concrete answer.

Not trying to dismiss you, but they rarely give concrete answers on anything. I asked the support staff about this again, but they have the same information you and I have.

I appreciate your time.
I hope someone comes out and clarifies all this.