Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

Anyone gotten tokens yet today? The stream yesterday was 4 hours long but apparently the rewards weren’t on for the whole 4 hours as it seemed people only got tokens for 3 hours. With today’s stream having been on 40 minutes already people should’ve gotten another drop if they watched whole stream yesterday but at least I haven’t gotten the fourth drop.

Im in the same boat, I watched yesterday’s stream on Youtube App (smartTV - Samsung) with my main account connected but recieved nothing

1 Like

Exactly how I feel. Watching through the TV YT app, is definitely my preferred choice.

This is what I thought this new feature would allow by linking the Blizzard & Google accounts.

no tokens yet. i got them yesterday tho, tho i think its unfair to count me because i missed a solid 20 minutes. idk if i will still get anything after how much i missed.

Just stopping by to say the OWL website is working again for me. I’ve Just received tokens.
I fully trust the OWL website now. YouTube? Not so much.

It is not recommended to use smartTVs or casting devices. Unless there is a dedicated YouTube App on the device itself where you can sign in with your Google Account and even then I am seeing issues reported. Signing in a device that controls the casting device (such as your smartphone) does NOT count in terms of successfully earning rewards.

1 Like

Anyone on Youtube getting their tokens?

Got 15 yesterday but 0 today.

Most have reported not earning them at this pace, some claim to have earned them, but that list is less and less.

On YouTube or OverwatchLeague.com?

Note we might just be barely reaching the one hour mark today.

On Youtube. Timer doesn’t continue individually from where it was left from yesterday? So if the stream ended yesterday when your token timer was at 59 minutes it starts again from 0 today instead of continuing from that? At least all the other rewards have timers that continue.

OK, Watching on OWL website gave me 5 tokens perfectly after 1h of watching. Never bothering with YT again. Also, UBlock showed hundreds of stuff blocked on YT and like 3 things on the OWL website, so I feel safer turning it off on OWL website.

Time should be accumulative but I always recommend waiting a little over a full hour after the start of each broadcast before reporting issues for the current broadcast.

Can you do me a favor and tell me what web browser you are on Sparru? I want to use you as a comparison to identify possible issues.

Using AdBlockers will always interfere, my troubleshooting instructions specify to disable them.

We were promoted to link our YouTube (google) account to our Blizzard accounts. My TV YouTube app is signed into my google account.

If the two are linked, shouldn’t this work?

It should, but as of this time it sounds like SmartTVs are causing issues based on multiple reports.

1 Like

Yep, I disable ad block for OWL viewing, what I meant is Ublock before turning off was showing a lot of trackers on YT and on OWL website was just a handful, so if I’m going to pick a site to whitelist, I’d rather it be the OWL website.

Ok understood, thanks :+1:

Firefox 87.0. Also watching on youtube app on tablet. Did the same yesterday and the tokens worked.

If you are watching on Firefox now is it possible to click or right-click the padlock next to the URL on your browser and open up some sort of site settings dialog? If so it should list a variety of functions the website has permission to access with your computer. I noticed on Google Chrome some things were blocked by default.