Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

So I linked my Blizzard account to YouTube a few days ago, watched the full four hours of the first day on the YT app, and no tokens received?

1 Like

Sounds about right. Why should this season be any different. Because theyā€™ve done it for years now and should have it right? Naw! Someone had an ā€œideaā€ and we get another effed up system for them to figure out while we get screwed.

Haha I think itā€™s best described as flakey at best :smiley:

1 Like

I watched the whole stream on youtube and 0 tokensā€¦ I think today try watch on other web browser.

1 Like

1 hour 30 Youtube, connected, 1 hour 30 HP, Connected, Firefox, 5 tokens, need 15^^, bought 1^^

Watched the whole stream too, no tokens here either.
Was watching on MS Edge, which has always worked for me for both League and Contenders sites as well as twitch in the past.
Also linked my account through Youtube but did watch on the league site.

1 Like

Same here. Watched the entire stream but got no tokens.

1 Like

I only got 5 tokens from only having the OWL website up, but was because I had to leave the house and after coming back an hour and a half later, I learned that you could refresh the stream to get the green dot to appear. On top of that, the stream was on a spinning loading circle as well. Annoyingly, there were no more loading issues while I was home, so maybe I am just on the brink of getting 5 more tokens, but it is annoying that just having a stream running and tallying hours is giving this many problems.

I didnā€™t bother to link my Youtube account to my Blizzard account because of the whole Youtube brand account thing and me never really having issues unlocking tokens in the past. Oh well, Iā€™m just making sure to do all of my outside stuff now so that I can do the rest of my work while watching the stream at home.

1 Like

Huh?

Watched the tournament on the youtube app on my television logged into my linked account. Did not receive tokens.

Itā€™s true, if you are using a Brand account on YT, you canā€™t link your Blizzard account.
Had me stumped for a while as well.

A brand account the way i get it, is essentially like a sub account on your google account you use on YT.
You have to switch to your personal account to be able to link your YT.

Which isnā€™t a big hassle, just kind of annoying since i watch YT pretty much on my brand account (followed channels and all, etc.)

Didnā€™t even know i was using a brand account on YT till thisā€¦

3 Likes

Watched the whole day 1 tournament on YT after linking accounts the previous day. No tokens as of 1:50pm EDT. I guess Iā€™ll try the league site today, but wasnā€™t the whole point of this so you didnā€™t need to use the site itself?

2 Likes

I watched entirely on YouTube. Accounts were linked in advance as soon as they announced it. Watched partly on computer, and partly via YouTube app on my phone. Confirmed I was logged in when watching on either. No tokens.

1 Like

Updating after 24h: no tokens received, Iā€™m sure of that because I took a screen shot of my tokens when I asked for the Zarya skin refund.

Was on Firefox, YT, turned off adblock after 1h watching, refreshed multiple times because of the sound sync issue. In-stream indicator of ā€œConnectedā€ was ON all the time.

1 Like

OWL website is not working.
It is stuck again!
This is a joke I am sooo mad.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry to bother you, but Iā€™m having some problemas tooā€¦ I watched the whole event during saturday at overwatchleague.com and I only received 5 tokens (my account went from 166 to 171 tokens) and I believe that the whole event was worth like 20 tokens.
My account was connected, the green dot was on the screen and I was watching the event. Can you please check what went wrong? Thanks in advance!

Yea I watched the entire first hour on YouTube and didnā€™t get any tokens. I switched to the OWL site and was able to get tokens for the remainder of the broadcast.

no green dot on OWL site. again

I have a question of whether the YouTube app On a smartTV will still get the rewards if signed into your account?

I am 100% connected on my account and the app on my phone/ tablet show connected but the symbol doesnā€™t appear on the TV so unknown if a feature or not.

Regardless for your statistics havenā€™t received any tokens over the weekend thus far (last checked before day 2 started and watched all of day 1).
Have solely used the YouTube app to check to see if it worked or not as I would prefer to watch on a TV than tablet/phone.

ā€¦i canā€™t bealive i nearly sleept through whole 20 minutes of the stream