Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

oof. I hope it it is just that then

How long does one broadcast last usually?

It depends on how many matches there are. Some can only have as little as two matches, but as many as four. Each match averages 1 to 1.5 hours (depending how competitive the match is).

How can you check how many hours you’ve watched?

There is no way to check at this time.

If you go to overwatchcontenderscom and just log into your battlenet, do you just watch the live video to receive the awards? Or do you have to do through the owl website login, and then watch the main video. I only received tokens while I hit the live ribbon when you logged in.

You have to watch only live broadcasts while signed into PTP Contenders Homepage | Contenders

1 Like

Quick tip: Anyone on any apple devices on safari unable to log into the contenders website
Try requesting the desktop website (the box with the up arrow, scroll through the bottom row until you reach the computer monitor) it worked for me

this schedule doesn’t always agree with the schedule at PTP Regional Schedule Page | Contenders - some things are missing and some times are different?

Pretty sad they have to give skins to get people to watch wannabe OWL players.

You are a lifesaver. Thank you so very much.

I read it wrong and i thought it said overwatch screaming rewards

1 Like

Can you add a notification system to the battle.net client that copies the Youtube bell system? I want to watch Overwatch games but I have a lot going on throughout the day and I can’t keep track of when the games are live.

Just subscribe to YouTube and turn on notifications, but just remember to go to the website instead.

That works, too. I’ll do that, ty!

The China matches are deliberately missing, because you can’t watch the direct broadcasts and get rewards, only the English VODcasts of select matches

WyomingMyst you put such great effort into this, thank you!

I just want to add two suggestions (this is not aimed toward you of course, but if you ever get a chance to talk with someone in charge and agree, please do share).

1. Add a watch timer, ingame or on the site. Not having it make it all a bit more mysterious and might be a tactic to keep people watching, however, it also creates so much problem, as people don’t know if they are actually adding time to their account, if the drops are working and overall it creates confusion and stress. I think the customer service would be much calmer if this timer existed :slight_smile:

2. I really think these skins should be added to the token shop. Watch OR pay, why not. Not everyone has the time to put into watching, and losing awesome skins is not fun. If I was in charge, I’d keep this system, but when November comes, add the October skins to the shop, allowing us to buy them for tokens (100 each or something) with the money (or some of it) going to the Contenders, benefiting them :slight_smile:

So the collegiate tournament isn’t listed on the s schedule but is streaming on the contenders website. I’m wondering if the collegiate tournament counts towards the skins.

Officially no. I do not believe you should be earning skins from it.

I just checked, and I can double-confirm, no skins cannot be earned. During a legitimate broadcast there should be a section below the embedded player showing “You are logged in to earn rewards”. This is not showing right now.

I’m going to watch anyway and see. Thanks Wyoming!