Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

Will Youtube ever be integrated like Twitch was for earning rewards?

I believe they have plans for it in the long term, but there is no definite plans at this time. Twitch was built for drops for all games, YouTube is not.

Will there be other methods to obtain the contenders skins? Because my country is not eligible to get them by watching the streams.

Here schedule is different from the websiteā€¦europe at noon and NA afternoon?

1 Like

Imaging it is 2020 and a company like Blizzard is not able to use some javascript to localize timestamps across all of their productsā€¦ Itā€™s such an arrogance against people from outside the US timezonesā€¦ Thatā€™s like 5 lines of code to fix this once and for allā€¦ WHY not do it?!?

And btw. websites like the contenders and even the owl one are just crappy to useā€¦ you are doing nearly everything to keep people away from this stuff by hiding it behind such ugly pages.

Not to say again that it is 2020 and we still canā€™t just go to youtube and watch it there and get dropsā€¦ Blizzard really lost the 2000 train to the internet.

I really hope that you take the chance to set stuff on the right track with OW2. But currently it just does not look like you doā€¦

Donā€™t view that as a attack against any employ at blizzard, they all do a great job and I guess most of them see the same problems. Itā€™t the company itself that fails us all.

2 Likes

also the times for my country in EU are really bad , there is only 2 matches or 1 that have a good time , most of them i need to either wake up on midnight , or 3 sunrise , i donā€™t even know if i could get the skins or not because of this timing its so weird , even OWL matches were much better , they were almost balanced between NA and EU and asia timezones except the OWL finals one

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit confused with this; do we clock time for watching past Contenders videos? Or do they need to be ā€œLIVEā€?

What country are you from out of curiosity? Very few countries are restricted now. If you are from China, I believe they will have a separate promotion to earn the skins on a Chinese NetEase account.

They must be live broadcasts.

1 Like

Hello, well I am from Slovakia I even submitted a ticket and they told me that we wont be able to earn them, I even put there the 6 pages PDF from the overwatch contenders site and they responded only about OWL tokens so i was quite confused, thats why I wanted to ask you.

I would recommend watching the matches on OverwatchContenders.com and see if you can earn those skins. (Blizzard Customer Service sometimes tends to fall behind on the legal details regarding to promotions whenever there are changes.) Even the OWL tokens have since updated and you should now be able to earn those in the 2021 season.

Okay thank you so much for responses! I will definitely try to watch those matches and I am also happy that I will be able to earn OWL tokens finally. Have a nice day/night.

o/

feels like theyā€™re doing this cause of the grand finals incident

Iā€™m too confused right now, does watching Live matches through Youtube work or just the OWC page only?

I really appreciate the time you put into this. thank you.
Blizzard should seriously consider compensating you for your work, because I know you are going to drive up viewership.

1 Like

they both work , but if you want to get the skins , watch it on the website , if you watch on youtube you will not get anything ., make sure you are logged in , and if your on console make sure your account is connected to your blizzard account .

2 Likes

Just a reminder there is a game today at 5pm EST.

October 20th @ 2 PM PDT - South America Week 4 Semifinals and Finals

Where can I even watch the game. The contenders website doesnā€™t even have South America listed outside of the schedule.

It should appear on the main page when the broadcast goes live , like the OWL Website .

Looks like its live for me