Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

But the Korea contenders steams should make more than 7 hours and I watched them both form beginning to end.

Same here, got the Sym skin with no ingame notification (unlike the free Genji skin). Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve watched more than 15 hours but still no Mercy skin.

I donā€™t even have both skins although already linked, everything fine so far, no ads block, turn on notification for website, logged on. Nothing so far.

2 Likes

PPL here : Did anyone get Mercy skin I already got Symm

Me: You guys got a Symmetra skin? O.o

6 Likes

Apparently there is 2 kinds of people now , the people that got the Symmetra skin , but not the mercy skin , and the people that didnā€™t get either of these two skins.

11 Likes

Got nothing and have no idea, is anything even was tracked or not. Watching on Youtube was ok, worse than Twitch but still ok. Switching to contenderā€™s site to gain skins made it even less comfortable. And thereā€™s no progress tracker, some additional ā€œclear cookieā€ and ā€œturn off adblockā€ fuss and itā€™s still not working. Thatā€™s actually hilarious how all this ā€œpromotional giveawayā€ stuff being done so bad made me angry and forced me to quit watching contenders even if I like the show itself. Good job! :rofl:

2 Likes

I love the fact that Contenders is getting a push. I love getting new skins. I love collecting them and up until now, I have gotten every skin available, except of course all the paid OWL ones because no one has that kinda cash to spend on cosmetics.

However, a few things are bumming me outā€¦

The first month started way too sudden, and Iā€™m kinda afraid I wonā€™t be able to get the Sym or the Mercy skin. Based on oneā€™s timezone, watching the full streams can be finicky. We only got like a handful of events and you have to follow such strict guidelines, like - donā€™t watch on YT. Watch on the Contenders site. No collegiate games qualify for dropsā€¦ (which would have made it easier to accumulate the 15 hours needed). I have no idea how long each stream will beā€¦ and we donā€™t have any way of knowing how many hrs we invested. I canā€™t watch at work and Iā€™m sure others canā€™t as well.

Rewatching a show isnā€™t an option as well. Unlike the Tracer event for the OWL finals, there are no reruns that would enable people worldwide to watch it and accumulate the hours. Just doing reruns with enabled drops would totally eliminate the stress and criticism many have on this event.

Please, whoever is responsible for this - actually cool, but way too stressful - event: Please donā€™t remove the Sym / Mercy skins in November. Just keep them and add more skins with new hour tresholds. One month for 15 hours is fine, but less than two weeks with such few shows qualified for drops is pretty hard.

5 Likes

I should have the Mercy skins todayā€¦ left the China stream up all night and previously had the other 3 streams upā€¦

I log into the game, and yep donā€™t have them.

2 Likes

As a lot of others, I didnā€™t get the Symmetra skin yet. Before I received the tokens just fine when watching the Overwatch league and my configuration hasnā€™t changed since.

Something I remarked, the ā€œYou are logged in to earn viewership rewardsā€ only appear when the page is in Korean, Chinese of English, but NOT in French. It made me lose hours , then I just put the page in English.

• Hardware platform: PC
  • Web Browser : Chrome 86.0.4240.111
  • Your Country of Residence : Belgium
  • A VERY DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF STEPS YOU HAVE TRIED:

Iā€™ve watched the four streams. As said above Iā€™ve put the page in English once I realized the French one didnā€™t have the "ā€œYou are logged in to earn viewership rewardsā€ message. I didnā€™t mute the video nor minimize the page nor had other tabs. I didnā€™t use a VPN and had ads/privacy blockers disabled. I checked that the notifications werenā€™t blocked. I checked the three permissions for the OWL page were there. I launched Overwatch on all the servers (EU, America, Asia) since it worked for the Tracer OWL skin. The Sym skin wasnā€™t in any of them.

For the next 2 streams Iā€™ll delete my cookies. If it doesnā€™t work Iā€™ll try Firefox for the next ones.

Watched all the matches (over 15 hours) but did not get any of the skinsā€¦ :sob: Also, i followed all the instructions in the post so i donā€™t think itā€™s a browser problem. This kind of event should have a time tracker or something, we donā€™t know if the time is counting or not. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I have read and followed everything in the list above and still didnā€™t get any skin.

I can say for sure Iā€™m past the 7h mark, since only yesterday I watched about 5h and it was like my 3rd of 4th time.

Im using a pc to watch the games, my OS is Windows 10 and I have tried with Chrome Version 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox 82.0 (64-bit).

1 Like

Chiming in to report my status:

• watched all 4 streams so far
  • have accrued ~18 hours
  • got the Symmtera skin
  • missing Mercy skin
3 Likes

11+ hours watching multiple streams, tried all the tricks, still no Symmetra skin. Itā€™s such a shame they didnā€™t update the app for this new promotion, thatā€™s going to take months to get all the skins, on this unreliable system we have ATM.

1 Like

Reporting Status

Watched the SA and China streams in entirety
Neither skin currently showing (shouldnā€™t be enough for Mercy, but should be enough for Symmetra)

Platform: PC
OD - Windows 10
Viewing on Chrome v. 86.0.4240.111
Country of Residence: USA

I did verify that I was logged on (even logged out and back in partway through)
All permissions enabled for Overwatch League
(did NOT clear cookies)
Do not employ any adblockers
Site was not mutes.
Chrome reports nothing about being blocked for notifications.

Incidentally, my OWL token drops were also inconsistent.

Everything thank you for continuing to report details. It does help out. From what I can tell, a majority of players failed to unlock any rewards from either this stream yesterday or the Korea Grand Finals. If I get additional information that I can share, I will post it accordingly.

The day is just starting, so it may be a little while before there is any news.

6 Likes

I think a lot of people are leaving the stream on in the background and they are mistakenly going full screen on another tab or in a game.

On Google Chrome at least going full screen on a different, separate tab to watch other things pauses the Contenders stream in the background (but not the audio). This is probably preventing a lot of people here from gaining watch time for the skins.

I learned this the hard way. Ever since I kept my games in Windowed mode while leaving the stream on in the background I have been getting drops.

1 Like

That IS possibleā€¦sometimes I remember to detatch that tab into a separate item, but I donā€™t know if that would make a difference. Iā€™ll try to keep all that in mind for the EU/NA streams and see if it makes a difference. I was pretty sure that it was actually UP for most of the China stream. (Itā€™s not a matter of it being in the background while Iā€™m playing something else, because itā€™s on a different machine from the one Iā€™m playing on)

ā€¦that, or I just blame it all on Sombra.

I watched all games legit, on both Firefox and Edge on two computers with sound, nothing in the foreground. Got Symmetra after the second stream no problem, but after watching all 4 streams so far, FAR over 15 hours, still no Mercy skin.

Please Blizzard fix this, if the Mercy skin is lost, there is very little incentive for anyone to bother with the future of this.

Alright, so I also havenā€™t gotten the Mercy skin yet. I used the exact same method of watching as I did for Symmetra and according to my calculations I already should have gotten Mercy after the stream before this one. I watched the entirety of this stream so now I definitely have watched 15+ hours.

Lee, while I recommend making sure the player is either not muted or stays in focus, this is a less common issue. For example I was ā€œunfocusedā€ on the South America broadcast but still got the Symmetra skin on schedule. As it stands I canā€™t find anyone confirming they earned the Mercy skin or any skin rewards within the last two broadcasts. If anyone did earn a skin, please let me know!

So I am doing what I can to escalate the issue to Blizzard appropriately, again it may take time.

1 Like