Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

I watched all of streams without going to different tab or muting the website , i would just go to another tab to do something quickly then return to the Overwatch Contenders website , yesterday’s stream i left it and slept because it was 3 AM , i wake up to go get water or something and check if the stream is working correctly after that i go back to sleep , so i’m 100% sure that i should’ve got the mercy skin , my watch time is more than 15 hours , hopefully my report gets noticed and i receive my skin , and i hope we don’t get problems like this in the next few months .

Same here I got my sym skin same as everyone else but NO mercy skin. There is definately a problem with the mercy skin! I do have to admit - i am getting tired of this and may not bother with this contenders stuff since I have watched all the elligiable streams so far and it is well over 15 hours. To be a little bit more helpful - I think i got my Sym skin during or after the south American Stream but after that no Skin for Mercy after Korea or China streams. I hope that’s useful.

I actually got the Symmetra skin during the last Korean stream. On two accounts, indeed, with some minor time difference between both

EDIT: I watched the second stream as well, expecting to get the skin at that moment but I had no luck. As an additional info, I watched it using mobile data, with some eventual buffering interruptions but it kept playing most of the time.

I don’t know if as a PS4 console player there was some kind of delay, leading to a coincidence of the Symmetra skin drop with the third stream… Just a possibility.

I can say it wasn’t the case for me. I played the stream on my laptop exclusively, which literally had only one browser running at the time while I worked on my desktop aside. Yet I received neither skins. :confused:

The last 2 broadcasts were def bugged , hopefully the next ones will not have this problem .

Why not just sell the skins at this point.

5 Likes

Unfortunately Overwatch Contenders is kinda dead when you look at the views for the past month , so they are trying to push it up like the Overwatch League and make it better , but as you can see its full of bugs and its broken .

4 Likes

I miss when they where on twitch… they had to sell out and go to Youtube “Gaming”

7 Likes

I’ve also had trouble with earning skins after watching the entire SA stream and 4.5 - 5 hours of the China stream last night (from 8pm EDT to about 1am EDT). I’m pretty sure that’s enough for the Symmetra skin which hasn’t appeared in my Hero Gallery as of time fo writing.

Specs:
OS - WIndows 10 Home Edition
Browser - Google Chrome v. 86.0.4240.111

I’ve follwed many of the steps from this thread: cleared cookies, disabled adblock on the entire browser, logged out and back in when my stream started buffering, had it as the only tab in the window, sound and video were running the entire time I was watching.

The last things I’ll try for the next few streams is to revoke OWL permissions and refresh them, and then try watching on Firefox PC and Google Chrome on Android.

Yeah i think they had a contract with youtube or something like that and now they get more money , i don’t know the details , but i agree , on Twitch it was much easier to get drops , and the watching experience it self was better .

What browser are you using? It could really help me because I’m not getting any ^^

I only kept the window maximized and broadcast muted, while playing Overwatch.
Still got the Symmetra skin with no issues. Was using Microsoft Edge Chromium, and it worked fine before.
Guess we just have to wait…
:clock3: :roll_eyes: :clock9:

1 Like

There is a mercy bug?

I’ve cumulatively watched over 14 hours and I still haven’t gotten my mercy skin, I’ve watched it on Windows 7 PC in firefox and I got the sym skin earlier this month, but the mercy skin hasn’t granted. No one else has been granted the mercy skin either, so I’m guessing the mercy skin is bugged for all. I will go open a ticket.

I watched yesterday and the day before, all of the stream, didn’t get Sym. Apparently I’m being logged out after 10 minutes of watching, this system is a joke. I just want to know why I’m being logged out across all browsers, even on a freshly installed one.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to receive the Symmetra skin after the American stream. After yesterday’s stream I should have accumulated at least 20 hours, just to be safe. So it seems the Mercy skin is just missing for everyone. If the Korean and Chinese Stream are bugged I find it unfair that I have to watch all that again. I’ve troubleshooted everything before the stream started and now I get to find out that I could not change the outcome if I tried. Feels bad.

Have you tried revoking all of the Overwatch league page permissions and reinstating them? If you have, I saw Wyoming say a few days ago that you could try resetting your blizz password and logging in again.

Also, just as a note for everyone, it does seem that literally no one has the mercy skin- correct me if I’m wrong. For example, on YouTube, there are videos of “skin demos” (People who have the skin using it in games to show how it looks first-person) for the new sym one, but not for mercy. At this point they should just award the sym and mercy skins to our accounts kind of like what they did for the 2019 OWL finals because of how bugged that was.

Mercy drop is definitely broken at this point and I have more than enough hours for next month’s skin lol. All we can do is wait it out. With Wyoming here, we’re in good hands :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed, bless Wyoming and their dedication to making sure people get the skin.

2 Likes