Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

This time YouTube will work better than the website too?

I’ve always done contenders skins through contenders page and owl stuff through YouTube.

2 Likes

Contenders still does not have direct YouTube connection linking yet.

3 Likes

Okay everyone, the schedule on the second post is now updated appropriately for the addition of season 2 NA and EU Contenders schedule and with the last two stages of Overwatch League matches.

And it is confirmed that Sombra and Zarya will be this month’s skin rewards for watching Overwatch Contenders.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a 2 month notice on the old team colors?

There really wasn’t… I noticed the changes in the PTR well before any announcements and looked into it. Once I realized they were changing team colors for San Francisco Shock, Los Angeles Valiant, and Florida Mayhem. I personally alerted the community on the older version of this thread and in a separate topic warning them they had to scoop up those skins if they wanted them for their collection.

still havent gotten bap brig or echo after watching legit all of the streams. now my favourite hero zarya is coming up and watch me not get that too.

1 Like

Same here bud. Been trying to get in contact with someone but to no avail thus far. Hope they are working on this and have just decided not to communicate with us on the Brig skin issue until they have found a fix/solution.

1 Like

Can someone guide me to how to watch the Chinese English broadcast

Just login to PTP Contenders Homepage | Contenders and watch it there

OMG Tank what a surprise… I hope this time everything will work fine… Sombrero it’s my favorite hero i need this skin god damn…

Btw. May mele spery still no exist? O.o

I thought they’re using a different site, thanks anyway.

The Chinese livestreams are broadcast on Bilibili but watching the Chinese livestreams on Bilibili or on the Contenders site don’t count towards the Contenders skins.

However, watching the English VODCAST of the Chinese matches will count and can be viewed on the Contenders homepage.

PTP Contenders Homepage | Contenders

Correct everyone, the live China broadcasts cannot count for rewards because it is not on YouTube, please be sure to tune in for the English VODcast stream taking place later today on Overwatch Esports. That counts for rewards.

It’s coming in a future patch for the game.

2 Likes

Not sure if it has been suggested here before, but what I found that worked for me was allowing all cookies, instead of blocking any third party cookies in the settings for Chrome/Firefox/Edge. Most reliable browser so far has been Chrome/Chromium-based browsers like Edge with allow all cookies and all extensions disabled. The third party cookies did trip me up when I was grinding for the Bap/Doom skin. Not sure what changed in their system because it was fine previously.

You cannot block cookies otherwise the reward system does not work. My troubleshooting encourages to clear out and reset the cookies if you are not having luck unlocking any skin or reward during a rewards eligible broadcast, but do not block them.

Yup, but just putting it out there a little more explicitly for folks having trouble. Some OS by default restrict third party cookies in their pre-installed browsers so hope it can help someone who doesn’t understand what “reset” means for cookie settings as it does not simply mean clearing your cookies and browsing history (which is what most people would assume)

If I look at the streams of the phone, then there will be no problems with getting skins?

Generally there wont be any problems but it is recommended watching it on a PC, tho i watched and earned out hours on my phone multiple times.