Overwatch should allow mouse and keyboard for ps4

Yes, mouse and keyboard gives you a huge advantage over controller players. But there are many people who find ways around it. The easiest way costs a few hundred dollars, which isn’t affordable for most players. So these players can basically just stomp all over controller players with ease.

Meanwhile, people who would rather not be destroyed by players who not only have m&k, but aim assist as well are able to do nothing unless they are willing or even capable of spending the money to get the adapter. I am usually a decent enough player that I see the m&k players a lot, especially in deathmatch.

What I suggest is to make m&k easily usuable for the average console player. A simple m&k isn’t that hard to get a hold of, and most people have them lying around anyway. Additionally, this would allow Overwatch to implement controls for m&k and controllers separately, so that players using controllers still have aim assist, but m&k players don’t. There will still be players who get around that, but they will be easier to manage.

4 Likes

They should do a crossplay system with matchmaking based on input (like Fortnite and MW).

3 Likes

As a console player myself, I’d much rather they focus on making the controller feel better instead. As an example, controller sensitivity is way too low right now. It feels awful and clunky.

5 Likes

ok, so how about you go buy a PC version of OW? People that use MK for console should have their copy of the game perma banned.

3 Likes

I dont have the money to buy a gaming computer, and I’d rather not have to lose all my skins. Did you even read the post? People already go around it, and the higher rank you play, the more there are. Allowing the common player to do it will even the playing field.

Mouse and Keybord is allowed, even consoles allow this. They just don’t have components that directly support mouse and keyboard inputs. You will need to find converters for yourself seen as the companies don’t provide any.

It does feel super clunky. But I doubt they’ll put too much effort into fixing it anytime soon. Allowing k&m would be a quick and easy solution.

1 Like

That’s true, you do have to jump through a lot of hoops to use m&k on console.

That’s actually a pretty solid point. Currently, it being harder to access makes it even more unfair to those who don’t have the money for it. If everyone could just grab their keyboard and plug it in then people wouldn’t see it as unfair. It would however start to drift away from being a console game lol.

2 Likes

No, m&k is compatible depending on the game. Most games make it so you can’t without an adapter. The developers can make it so that you can without an adapter that most people can’t afford.

Why the hell would you ever ban someone for trying to play the game properly? Console needs native KB/M.

1 Like

I have seen mouse and keyboard on console, and have also heard people admit to keyboard and mouse. PS4. So I’m not quite sure what you mean. Considering there is physical evidence that people use these accessories on a console, provided with a converter.

People use it with converters, which are expensive. Not everyone can afford that. My point is that people should be able to use it without the converters, which is possible if the developers allow the game to support it.

So in other words you wtna to ruin the game for the vast amount of console users just to appease a few people that cheat/dont want to buy teh game for computer.

2 Likes

People get around that by having an adapter read their mouse and keyboard as a controller. It is already unfair for the people who aren’t able to use m&k because of the price of the adapter. Allowing everyone to use it would allow the Overwatch team to put in controls that makes it more fair for everyone, while at the same time combatting the players who get around the bo m&k rule, which is already super rampant as it is. I usually get one every game or two.

Those are huge titles that have way more influence with the big wigs over at Sony. Overwatch sadly does not have that kinda juice. Our only hope for crossplay is that OW 2 is a big success.

I don’t think this post is in the right place. What can overwatch really do to fix this. They have no control over PS4 systems.

i tried playing with controller few days ago, took me 50 seconds to get out of training room spawn point, i dont know how you guys do it

1 Like

I see it as improving the experience for the vast amount of console users. You wouldn’t play the game with a guitar hero guitar and a DDR pad because the interface is terrible and doesn’t suit the game. So then why would you use a controller?

1 Like

i take it you havn’t played any of the hatsune miku games for the PS4?