Overwatch Season 9 Official Patchnotes

Saw some of you were having trouble finding it so here you go :partying_face:
Overwatch 2 Retail Patch Notes - February 13, 2024 - Announcements - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

Heres my predicitions on best heros for season 9 too
Season 9 Tierlist - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Oh look a random Junkrat nerf just to make sure he’s definitely F tier since the combo going away wasn’t enough.

16 Likes

Rip junk combo to

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know why they did that it won’t be smaller than what it was before though because although they’re decreasing it to whatever they said then they’re re-increasing it with the global projectile size increases.
So I’m guessing they just did it so his projectile wouldn’t be too huge or something.

So it won’t be smaller than it is now but he will still be trash because lost oneshot.

Tl;dr silver devs couldn’t dodge his nades during testing and think he’s strong when he’s trash.

4 Likes

Thats how it is, dumbing down of the game and catering towards lower ranked players.

Imagine how much more balanced the supports and general heroes would be if they actually took a GM1+ community poll for balance.

That was disgusting. It was the only part of the update that I did not already know about.

Deep down, some part of me believed I could still play him because all I do is spam chokes anyway and a bigger projectile would make that easier. :skull:

I have no clue what they have against the OG Junkers. Maybe someone hooked Aaron Keller into a Junkrat trap and they both started spamming, “at least I am not a…” Over and over again until he was forced to leave the game and eat a 4 hour penalty.

1 Like

I have to admit I really dislike junkrats trap but the primary fire is so braindead easy to avoid its almost not even funny.

Like probably the only projectile you can dodge by actually reacting to it crazy it does less damage proportionally than what it used to now.

1 Like

Hahahahahaha what a great patch

1 Like

Not just the combo, but requiring 3 shots to kill pretty much everyone instead of 2. It’s true this would make his projectiles huge, but you can say the same thing about every other hero as well.

The game will be more balanced and more fun than it ever has been before. Notice how the game thrives when balance is focused around the upper ranks and it wouldn’t matter much to casuals really.

But instead, this is what happens when you give balance power to a silver player who buffs Sojourn in the past before despite being meta, but would do random nerfs to underperforming heroes because “lol why not.”

ALEC HISMELF EVEN SAID HE WILL NOT HESITATE TO NERF HEROES JUST BECAUSE OF WHAT HE “FEELS IS FUN TO PLAY AGAINST.” not about how strong or weak a hero is, no no no. it’s about how he FEELS how that hero plays.

Those mercy buffs look nuts. Unless it’s that easy to hit stuff now which is also concerning.

may we rejoice in Junkrats no skill mine insta kill combo being removed.

They may have ruined snipers, but one good thing came from this patch ( dps passive also)

1 Like

i usually try and use “pistol mercy” when i can, maybe this time there is a benefit to it?

Not just junkrat. A lot of breakpoints are changing. Genji can’t even land his combo anymore. The more I think about it the more this update doesn’t seem very well thought out.

1 Like

Good, characters like junk and sombra being strong are so boring to play against. I’d rather go against a mei for crying out loud

It’s always fun when people go full mask off on not caring about balance but then expect their future balancing opinions to be taken seriously.

1 Like

They’re still increasing his projectile size overall; they just decreased the base before adding the increase modifier. They’re trying to keep his projectiles from beimg the size of whole doorways.

If there’s a global buff and some heroes are pre-emptively nerfed they aren’t benefiting from it as much as they would have and are weaker than they were in comparison to the other heroes. In other words, a nerf.

1 Like

Junk will still be fine. Tossing a mine and getting a lucky bounce grenade insta kill is not fun, or even rewarding for junk. The entire character was built around cheesing chokes and spamming crap.

I’ll admit, I’ve seen some very skilled junks in my time. The kind of junk that fly up and insta kills a phara out of the sky. Those junks, I can respect, but 99% of junk players feed off of cheesy kills they weren’t even aiming for.