Overwatch Scammed us with fake BP credits

True but honestly, the skins are not that great anyway. I have a ton. Plus, the new collectable items are useless

1 Like

That is why you read the patch notes from when season 3 launched. I don’t get why people never concern themselves with things that change in updates or new releases such as seasons.

And yes, patch notes are readable from in-game.

6 posts, came to the forums thinking he was the first to say this.

GG

Do it, I beg you, do it.

Everyone says this, it means nothing unless you put your damn money where your mouth is, otherwise it’s just an empty threat without teeth.

Yeah, they finessed you.
This is Blizzard we’re talking about, remember.
They repeatedly stated before Season 3 that they would be “adding the non-premium currency which you can use to purchase OW1 cosmetics”.
Bobby will not add premium currency to the Battlepass for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Maybe you should have been playing longer, because I saw the Q and A post they put out weeks before the BP (with free credits in it) announcing that there will be free credits to earn again.
It was pretty easy to find, because originally said they weren’t going to bring back the “old” currency at all.

So, have fun with that.

1 Like

Are you honestly telling me you’ve read the patch notes for every patch you ever installed, and that you know for a fact there wasn’t fine print in it that said that you agree to play Blizzard $10 if you play the game for more than an hour?

And can you honestly say that you wouldn’t be screaming bloody murder if they asked you to pay up on the basis that it was hidden in the patch notes?

1 Like

Haha what a dummy, if you look closely, you’ll see that one currency is a yellow circle with two lines, while the other is a yellow hexagon with two lines. One is credits, the other is coins, two totally distinct concepts. Couldn’t you tell the glaring difference?
And joking aside, I’d have to look it up right now to know for sure which icon is which.

Yes, I read every patch notes for updates in all the games that I play, because I want to know what changed.

1 Like

OK, I think you’re in a serious minority then. I’d bet that less than 10% of forum posters do, and less than 0.5% of game players who don’t post in the forum do.

I don’t mean glance at them; I mean read them closely enough to notice that it says “credits” and not “coins” when one is expecting it to read “coins”.

I certainly glance at them, but I only read the parts of them that look interesting. I didn’t buy the BP so this doesn’t apply to me, but I actually did think that it was coins until I noticed people complaining that it was credits.

1 Like

Visual change that had a scammy purpose.

The only result it’s gonna have is a further deteroriation of their already bad reputation, just for hundreds of Premium BP bought by accident by casual players who trusted the significance of a yellow colored currency (thinking it was Premium currency).

Was it worth turning their community (aka “clients”) even warier whenever they purchase something from Blizzard ? Is this the kind of image they want to reflect ?

Well, that’s all they did just out of greed for selling a little extra Premium BPs…

Imagine if those visual changes, as you call it, gets even worse and it gets impossible to be 100% sure what we’re buying in the future, whether it’s a skin or new hero we want to unlock, and you fall for it ?

Will you be that compliant, then, when it happens to you ?

It’s a game, the most important information should all appear in-game, not on some site on the side. In-game patch notes don’t mention anything about the currency recoloring.

I just checked, no mention of old currency being recolored in yellow :man_shrugging:.

Try to defend this however you want, you know deep down what Blizzard’s goal was.

2 Likes

Have you ever sat down to play board games with some friends? I mean a large group of friends. You will find there’s a group (within that group) of your friends who will try to avoid reading rules, because they know someone else will explain it to them.
Patch notes are treated the same way.

1 Like

Another thing you’ll notice is that among those who have read the rules, there will be many different interpretations of the same rules. So even though many people have read the rules, you still end up arguing about what said rules actually are. :slight_smile:

I am not talking about the recoloring. I am talking about the section that mentions the free credits being added to the BP.

This is from the Patch Notes:

Overwatch Credits are back

• Overwatch Credits, which were previously labeled “Legacy Credits” and were not earnable in Overwatch 2, can now once again be earned through progressing in the Season 3 Battle Pass
  • All players can earn up to 1500 credits as free rewards, and another 500 credits are available as premium rewards in the Season 3 Battle Pass
  • Credits can be spent in the Hero Gallery, which now contains nearly all seasonal Epic and Legendary-tier skins released prior to the launch of Overwatch 2. This includes many skins that were previously only available for purchase with Coins in the “Just for You” section of our Shop

There are 1500 credits on the free BP track. You didnt even need to buy the BP to get them.

It doesn’t need to, there’s a distinct difference between the word “coin(s)” and “credit(s)”, knowing that it can be deduced that there was a color change.

There’s been countless changes that haven’t been in the patch notes, does that mean that every single last change needs to be?

And the shapes are different too. (albeit similar)

Premium Coins are hexagon.

Free Credits are Circular.

1 Like

But ultimately, if you explain something to them, you can hand them the rule book and say “see, right here. You go back to start”
You didn’t read the rules, you didn’t even gloss them.

Live and learn.
Heck, before you confirmed purchase, you could have scrolled over it in the BP and examined the credit rewards lmao

So, this is me pointing at the rule. Which you could have (easily) seen ahead of time (several times).

1 Like

I’ve actually had quite a few cases where, with a board game, we go back and consult the rules and even reading them together we still have different interpretations of them.

Not saying that’s the case here though; I do agree that if you read the patch notes carefully (which I don’t think most people do or can even be reasonably expected to do) then it is clear that credits are not coins.

There’s no scam. They didn’t lie. They specifically stated these would be legacy credits that could be used on older items. You should learn to read before making purchases.

Those are close words. Most people used those two terms as synonyms, hence why people got confused because of that in the first place, then because of the the scammy recoloring.

When those changes are directly connected to clients’ wallets, yes.

Most players are casual players that can’t tell the difference between the old and new currency in terms of “logo” (they both look alike). The color is usually what people remembers the most.

Even I, as an Overwatch player since 2016 couldn’t tell the difference between the old and new currency designs as I don’t spend my time in the shop, yet in the game lobby and matches. That’s what gaming is all about.

I am talking about the scammy recoloring. Had Blizzard had good intent, they would have written in capital letters (or in bold) “CAREFUL, WE RECOLORED THE OLD CURRENCY IN YELLOW. DON’T CONFUSE THEM WITH PREMIUM CURRENCY, THEY’RE NOT”.

They didn’t 'cause their intent was for casual clients to be scammed. I still don’t think it’s smart for them to tarnish their reputation even further just for extra Premium BPs to be bought. This will have bad consequences for them in the long run.