Overwatch Scammed us with fake BP credits

Overwatch Scammed us!

I am an Overwatch 2 player that has played since 2018. I have recently not bought any battle passes. However, when I saw that in the season 3 battle pass that they were giving shop credits, with the gold symbol and all, I knew I had to buy because it was a great deal. I bought the battle pass, and my credits were not rewarded. And now all the sudden, they changed it from the gold credits, to the silver credits. I bought the battle pass mostly because I COULD GET THE GOLD CREDITS, and NOT THE SILVER. THEY GAVE ME SILVER. Honestly, I am not going to buy this again. Heck I will be honest, I could sue for false advertising because you showed us one thing, and gave us another. I want a refund, yet I cannot get one!

19 Likes

It was a visual change. They never gave the paid currency to begin with.

23 Likes

They were always credits and were always stated as such. They just incorrectly made them yellow for whatever reason (Well we all know why)

The premium currency is known as “coins” for future reference.

37 Likes

They tricked people by selling Gold-Coloured Currency, but the Premium and Legacy Currency actually have different Models.

They just made the Legacy Currency Gold which is absolutely F’ing stupid, why the hell did they do that in the first place?

I knew from the shape it was the Trash Filler Currency, but why TF did they change the Colour.

8 Likes

Man, imagine enot being able to READ

3 Likes

I will be honest I am a thirteen year old. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, and I am still getting used to these new mechanics and everything. I believe that they should give a warning. Also screw you man just don’t comment on this if you are gonna say crap like that.

15 Likes

no
now read before you purchase things

3 Likes

This is the very definition of a scam.

Make something look like the “thing” you need but not quite just so that casual players that don’t hang out on forums on a daily basis get tricked into thinking the Premium BP is somewhat a good investment.

I wonder if anyone tried to get a refund stating that very issue. I would be curious to read what Blizzard employees answer to that :roll_eyes:…

10 Likes

It was LITERALLY stated in the announcement for the pass what they were.

Exactly. I joined this forums thing so I can express my feelings about this. I never even knew this was a thing a month ago.

2 Likes

They were literally counting on people not being able to tell the difference by making them incredibly similar.

The whole shop experience and monetization system in this game is predatory by design.

Don’t beat yourself up for doing exactly what they wanted people to do.

And that announcement isn’t some popup that happens when you open the game.

Lots of people never read any announcements or social media posts. They just loadup the game.
Maybe we don’t blame people for thinking they could just play a game and trust the designers NOT to flimflam the icons?

14 Likes

Sunset good for you. You did not fall for it. But a person like me can, and thousands of other have.

2 Likes

apparently
I can read

Good for you nice job. Now leave this thread if you are not going to be helpful

1 Like

Imagine defending a company that recolors a currency (that used to be in grey) in yellow so that people who don’t have the time to READ forums and social media on a daily basis confuse them with Premium currency and get scammed…

15 Likes

I loved Overwatch so much, that my dad got me a ticket to go see the overwatch national championships in 2019. I feel betrayed by a company that I have loved since I was young.

2 Likes

Announcement that isn’t in-game, only on forums (through an article that is missable) and social media most people don’t even check as they have better things to do…

Something like this should be written directly in the Battle Pass menu in BIG LETTERS so people can’t miss it… but they didn’t because the very goal was to scam clients. And they succeeded in doing just that.

Simple as that.

Edit : Most people knew (me included) this would lead to endless posting about people reporting that scam through recoloring currency, the moment we realized what they did. Posts are gonna keep coming. Blizzard had better recolor this currency in grey next season if they don’t want their reputation to be even worse in the future.

1 Like

and what does it call them in the pass?

Well this looks a little iffy

I actually would say that on the basis of colouring the credits as if they were coins, they should have to refund the BP to those who want it.

BUT…if you get it refunded, it would also be reasonable for them to take away all the items that you unlocked in it, plus the XP bonus that comes with it.