Overwatch Recent Active Player Count

Its not even 5 real million players. There are people with 10 or more accounts, and when they login just to get a skin or 1 match it is added as active player

8 Likes

How the hell do you know it’s not even 5 million of real players? I’m not defending this game cuz I myself haven’t seriously played for weeks now but these informations that you people keep pulling out of your asses are getting annoying tbh.

Yes smurfs are a problem, no they probably don’t account for 2.3 million of these active players.

Lmao what? Where? On the moon??

On my computer. last sunday. America Server. in my time it’s 11.30 PM on sunday, so it’s should be around sunday noon at america time.

1 Like

What time of day? I never have more than a 2 minute queue for support. Unless I’m grouped with someone who picked dps.

updated the time on my post above. SouthEastAsia location. SoloQ. QP.

Losing 80% of the playerbase isn’t great for any game. These numbers are depressing when you compare them to 2017’s. If you think the game is doing great when they added crossplay and merged all regions to reduce q times then you are on copium.

That explains the q times. You are no longer on “Americas” even if you pick it on the launcher. They’ve soft region locked players since the crossplay update. I suggest you block SEA servers if you want faster qs or use a VPN.

If you wanna read more about it

Idk, sounds odd, weekend queues for me are almost instant in QP. And how did you get on the America servers from Asia? I thought that wasn’t a thing we could do anymore? :eyes:

i see, didn’t think i would be affected by the region lock too. how could i block the SEA servers?

edit Note: wait, i’m dumb, didn’t see the link below your post. thanks.
2nd Edit:

anybody have the list of the SEA Servers IP? i want to block them on my firewall.

idk though i’m on america server or not, i only chose america region because the ping is better (it’s already like that since ages ago, weirdly, Asia Region ping is not good for me).

Noone did, they didn’t tell us about it on the patch notes and they’ve stayed silent for almost 3 months.

Here’s how you block them if you don’t have a VPN. Just be aware that if you are grouped with someone from the region that you want to avoid and they don’t have them blocked aswell you could get comp penalties if the game tries to put you in a blocked server. Should have no problems if you are solo tho.

The IPs you need to block are different tho as those are EU/ME, gotta look SEA servers up.

thanks.

Then Valorant would be even worse, since the accounts are free, and person could easily have 10 different accounts and wouldn’t have to spend a dime, so their player count would be lower than 14mil despite the numbers, same with overwatch.

Valorant is on one platform, for now. Considering that no bs from there is mentioned(aside from ridiculous microtransactions), its certainly handling things better than OW. Heck, when it comes to Blizzard’s FPS direction, they have Valorant specifically, in mind.

Also, Valorant is just 1 year old. OW’s Smurf problem got to where it is through 5.

To be fair, this game also gets 0.0002% of the support and updates other blizzard games do.

It says multiple times in the link you provided that the data is an estimate and should not be used as if factual.

It’s worthless to discuss this as the source itself has zero confidence in the numbers provided. Unless the a game directly shows active player count in the game or the devs publish the numbers or provide an API, it’s impossible for any outside source to accurately calculate the number of active players.

That number is way too big. There is no way there are 5 active million players.

That’s the key, literally as neglected as the game is, it shows the potential.

to be fair, at this point, the total number of accounts active on OW2 is around 24.7 million.

However the 30 day high of online players is only about 128k, which is less than double the active daily players on Team Fortress effing Two.

Blizzard has been displaying the total accounts and total active (logged in in the last month) accounts instead of active players to try and boost popularity, where in the end even the original OW had more active players just before shutting down, sitting around 250 thousand.

The issue isn’t so much that this game is falling behind competition, even though it is, harshly, its more that it can’t top even its predecessor in numbers. This is probably one reason the PVE mode was delayed indefinitely, Blizzard doesn’t want to put that much money into a game that isn’t performing as well as they had projected.

Too bad OW2 was basically sold on the campaign to a ton of OW1 legacy players. Oops.

I don’t believe its true at least in SEA server where people keep meeting same name everyday over and over gain.

to be fair, probably don’t go resurrecting a 1 year old thread. makes me confused.