Overwatch Recent Active Player Count

https://www.dexerto.com/overwatch/how-many-people-play-overwatch-player-count-tracker-2021-1643403/

well, idk if 5 millions active player per month is high or not. It’s not a dead game, but compared to the competition:

the numbers isn’t that good for Blizzard games.

3 Likes

Well Minecraft means nothing here. A lot more people play Plants vs. Zombies than OW or even Valorant.

OTOH, comparing actual “FPS” its not that bad all things considered.

• Valorant: 14 million
  • Apex Legends: 116 million

Apex legends more than 23 times of it. even Valorcan’t still has almost 3 times more active player. SMH.

Note:i don’t consider Fortnite as FPS.

1 Like

At the very least, I reckon that if it it’s true, it’s good enough considering the game hasn’t been receiving any major content updates in ages.

That’s great for a game in maintenance mode! More than WoW is also a massive surprise.

But “gAmE iS dEaD”?!

And that’s accounting for alts.

8 Likes

Considering the smurf accounts, OW’s numbers are no doubt lower than 7 mil.

But still, wow. Look at how many PS4s are sold alone. And with OW1 playable on 9th Gen, then its fair to estimate that around 1.5 million total people play it per console. No wonder CrossPlay was forced.

5 Likes

Crossplay is a sign they worried of player decline. right now on weekends the waiting time for qp is around 12-14 minutes for support. sad.

Not dead, not unplayable. But just sad for a game that has such a promising start.

9 Likes

Huh, at least for me (~Plat) my tank and support queues are usually instant on weekends. DPS queues probably average around 5 minutes, never above 10. 1 minute DPS queues aren’t that uncommon either.

I mean, even I feel like getting back into OW, so that counts for something. Then again, OW was a major inspiration for my game, so maybe I’ll always have a soft spot for it.

I play support now, though.

The smurfs & the teammates with the weak “its just a game” mindset are why the game is unplayable.

And again, split up that 7 mil between 8th & 9th Gen consoles. OW certainly isnt alive right now.

A recent leak dropped that OW2 will release in the Summer next year. It sounds like they’re speeding up the release solely because of the OWL, but OW1’s low playcount may be another factor. No way OW1 would last until 2023.

I have 5 alts and I’m a non smurfing nobody metal ranker.now think of the actual mau with smurfers into account.

agreed. seems like they are speeding the OW2 release to prevent people leaving permanently from Overwatch because waiting too long. But i fear there will be a fiasco like Cyberpunk release if they pushed early release too soon.

Wonder what kinda numbers hearthstone pulls? Other Activision properties?

The comparisons aren’t 1:1, but I am curious.

I’m willing to bet it’s on an all time low currently for Blizzard games. For Activision games should still be better than Blizzard’s.

Its not even 5 real million players. There are people with 10 or more accounts, and when they login just to get a skin or 1 match it is added as active player

8 Likes

How the hell do you know it’s not even 5 million of real players? I’m not defending this game cuz I myself haven’t seriously played for weeks now but these informations that you people keep pulling out of your asses are getting annoying tbh.

Yes smurfs are a problem, no they probably don’t account for 2.3 million of these active players.

Lmao what? Where? On the moon??

On my computer. last sunday. America Server. in my time it’s 11.30 PM on sunday, so it’s should be around sunday noon at america time.

1 Like

What time of day? I never have more than a 2 minute queue for support. Unless I’m grouped with someone who picked dps.