Overwatch Pride Celebration: Teaming with Twitch Rivals in support of The Trevor Project

Y’all got every day of the year

What is wrong with you LOL

What do you mean? Am I wrong? No.

1 Like

Do whatever you want with your money. I am here for the game.

1 Like

I didn’t expect this from Blizzard but I’m really glad to see it.

Who was harassed this time to distract public’s attention with this event?

9 Likes

Oh Cleo.

Your cynicism is so delightful.

Never change.

You are so wrong…nobody really cares for suicidal people in my country…unless you are a teen.

Police does, and probably will provide assistance to you. Just not kind you would hope for.

You just don´t get it…

1 Like

I do get it, and it was dark humor.

Right, there’s a difference between saying, “Straight people aren’t marginalized for their sexuality,” and what the poster I responded to said, which is “Straight people aren’t marginalized” full stop.

There are people who make the statement that if you’re straight, you have no idea what it’s like to be marginalized/oppressed. Which is untrue and toxic.

(And this is coming from a very not-straight person lol)

2 Likes

Is this satire?

20 characters

2 Likes

I’d love to have a wider range of pride flag player icons in game as well. But this tournament good too, I’ll enjoy watching it.

Well if they call the pride flag “Rainbow” just think of all the other creative names they’ll come up with for the other flags :sunglasses:

So unless they want to give the flags their actual names I’d prefer they wouldn’t add them as it’s pretty insulting calling them stuff like “Candyfloss” etc like a certain other game did

1 Like

I see your point. I’d still kinda enjoy having them at all

1 Like

You’re turning it into said ‘us vs them’ scenario with the line that ‘straight people are marginalised too’ seeing as that’s not a result of their sexuality.

that they shouldn’t be working on the balance of their game instead of wasting their time with this silly stuff.

not even a free icon???

what a greed

I’m sorry, but I have literally no idea what you’re talking about. The post said that straight people aren’t marginalized. Basically saying the only people who ever get oppressed are LGBTQ+ community members. I was saying that is divisive, and that any person, from any racial, sexual, gender, intellectual group, can be marginalized.

I literally also said it’s good to support LGBTQ+ people in my post, just that it’s a bad idea to imply that being straight automatically means you never get marginalized or oppressed.

There are entire countries full of people who are so extremely oppressed, regardless of sexuality. People who grow up poor, people who have mental illnesses, people with disabilities, people with personality disorders… there is an endless list of people who end up marginalized by society.

And instead of saying, “Oh, if you’re straight, you clearly aren’t marginalized,” we should try to work together to fight these issues.

1 Like

Their post was in response to a ‘woe is me, because I’m straight’ comment, so their comment is in a context that you ignored.
Straight people are not marginalised for being straight. If I were straight, I would still fit into a few of the many other possible groups that count as marginalised so I understand full well how many different types of people are treated as such; but going out of your way to make such a claim on a pro-lgbt post, is problematic.

No one said or implied that no one who is straight is treated badly - just that being straight in itself doesn’t qualify as a reason to be recognised for the things you’ve gone through.