Overwatch Pride Celebration: Teaming with Twitch Rivals in support of The Trevor Project

Overwatch Pride Celebration: Teaming with Twitch Rivals in support of The Trevor Project

We're incredibly proud to team up with Twitch Rivals to host the Overwatch 2 Pride Celebration in support of The Trevor Project, where we will be contributing $250,000 in support of this incredible LGBTQIA+ organization.

View Full Article

33 Likes

This is a great event for Overwatch 2. Thank you.

8 Likes

But there are no cosmetics involved, right?

2 Likes

Going to be a great event, thanks guys :dancer: :dancer:

I refuse to believe that blizzard care about the LGBT+ community.

You barely care about the hard working women in your own company.

36 Likes

Overwatch team works for Blizzard, but they aren’t corrupt like Blizzard.

8 Likes

I hope you’re right DvaDiff

… I hope you’re right.

2 Likes

I hope so too :melting_face:

2 Likes

So are you actually paying up or do we have to fund this one for you as well?
<about 50% /s>

21 Likes

the LGBT icon they added called “Rainbow” is all you need to know and they called it a “pride update” to a CC and many people were hyped lol

4 Likes

Awesome to see the OW team doing stuff like this, hopefully someday in the future there’ll be a full pride event with more icons, cool weapon charms and hopefully some flag themed skins for all my LGBT friends

It’d be awesome to have stuff like a rainbow OW icon and some ally stuff too! Would be a fun way for the community and devs to express support

8 Likes

I am gonna pretend, that this is also for straight suicidal people :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Wait, it’s a charity for that?

Why aren’t they supporting Samaritans instead? WTH?

https://www.samaritans.org/

Site for the Samaritan charity if anyone is interested, it helps millions of people going through some serious stuff, and there is no discrimination, they care about everyone

9 Likes

Idk, Moira, just wanted to feel, like someone care for us too xD

1 Like

It’s probably a “hey look we care” moment, but the fact they named the LGBTQIA+ icon “rainbow” … yeah, don’t trust it.

2 Likes

It’s a start for sure. Well done Blizzard.

Fix your reporting system and we are good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No major corporation truly cares. But they can be used to spread awareness about important issues and help provide resources to those that need it.

2 Likes

Thanks Blizzard :clap:t3:

from a gay man! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

straight people are not marginalized. There are reasons why there is specifically an LGBTQ hotline and charity

12 Likes

I would disagree with you in this…if it comes to mental health help, you are simply screwed, when you are born in wrong country - straight or not.

6 Likes