Overwatch Megapatch 3.0 (balance suggestions)

I feel like some of your suggestions would make heroes wayyy too OP.
For example, Orisa is performing insanely good right now (5% pickrate, 60% winrate gm), I would love fortify on resource but on top of halt it would make her OP,
winstons change might make him OP, I’d make it 600 to 700 instead
hogs doing really good right now with orisa, if these two buffs came in they’d be completely unstoppable, I think leave roadhog, might need a slight buff, but the feeding thing is pretty much only of his only weaknesses

for junkrat, I think we should still wait and see, he’s better as a niche pick as he destroys lower ranked, honestly he might need a slight redesign like u did with bastion, these changes for junk would be OP imo.

mcree… eh. he’s okay to be honest, though these buffs wouldn’t hurt.
though the flashbang radius buff is definitely uncessary, flashbang is somewhat a skillshot since you can basically one shot with it, let it stay that way

mei doesn’t need buffs, i get it’s qol, but she should never be a good hero, ever.

i like the pharah changes

i LOVE the reaper changes! so good! best changes in the thread imo

soldiers pretty good at the moment, but this isn’t too bad

these sym changes are DEFINITELY op, ignore what these forums say, sorry but they’re a bunch of biased sym mains, sym is actually very close to balanced, she needs only needs qol changes and maybe a slight buff to tp. that’s it.

this would also be OP, especially and it would rek lower ranks. torb is doing insanely well like orisa, his pickrate is very healthy and his winrate is INSANE (60%)

i love the baptiste change he definitely needs it

brig change would certainly make her OP, your decreasing the cooldown, giving her two charges, yet still the same effect, this would make her a monster, we’ve only JUST recovered from that.

mercy doesn’t need buffs, in fact she’s meta right now.

i love the moira change

overall, I think you definitely need to consider not going overboard with buffs, but pretty good changes in general, good job.

i think thats a bit too much of a change, i really didnt want to alter the functionalities of the heroes Too much

one main differnece is that the scottish resistance only detonated the mines you have within “LOS” (because you could still see them through walls, you just had to see their outline)

this one will detonate the closest mine to your reticle, regardless of line or sight or not, youd really just instantly detonate the mine you already threw out because your already looking at its general direction because you just threw it

your idea seems a bit too complicated, tbh

everyone should be a good hero eventually,

im not using what the Forums say, im a symmetra main myself, maybe i could go without the turret changes (although would be greatly welcome) but the TP changes are 100% necesary to adress her clunkyness

he isnt though…his winrate still shows that he is a niche pick because its inflated massively reaching almost 60% on GM with a med pickrate of 2.2%, plus in general, his turrets throwing mechanics do feel very cluncky, it can go without the hpbuffs but the throwing must be fixed

Well no…the effect is 50% as strong in both situations, and her inspire is weaker as well as a tradeoff.

i thought about this before, but i didnt put it this time arround because i didnt feel it was that necesary

No it was proximity to reticle/los and proximity to player so you could still use sticky grenades for blast jumping. It’s just that the proximity to reticle/los was kinda big so if you were farther away it made it more difficult to detonate only a single group of stickies. It felt like you had a cone with the big end away from you so the farther away you were the more stickies it highlighted. But what we needed was more like a cylinder it’s a shame they never changed that.

Your version there’s no way to actually implement it. Without just allowing him to deploy a 2nd mine without it automatically detonating the 1st. Right now if you deploy 1 that one will detonate as soon as you deploy the 2nd. If you turn that function off it means it means detonation in proximity to reticle is the only way to detonate which is something you really don’t want. Having used the scottish resistance for a good amount of time myself I know how clunky and frustrating that can be. If you have a way to toggle the reticle detonation on and off it will be better.

Hell no. I think he is fine where he is now. I dont want to see Bastion 1.0 back again…

Without cooldown this hero could be even more broken & unbalanced…

Also im kinda glad that youre not in the balancing team cause most of your suggestions are just gonna break these heroes & make them more useless…
Plus bunch these heroes are pretty balanced anyways. They dont need any changes.

Aand im right about 1 thing which is that goats arent even that common anymore.
Stop complaining about metas / stop trying to delete them. Goats/3-3 is just a meta where dive, moth, 222, etc is…

Did you even read the suggestion from magy

1. this would be on resource meter, old bastion shield was perm
  2. this would have less health
  3. bastion couldn’t fire while his shield is up

Pay lore attention to the thread though

Its nothing alike bastion 1.0

2 Likes

Lmao I did… He doesnt need that. Bastion is fine anyways. Same with these other heroes btw.

And you meant lore by more I believe?

But i didnt mention goats in all the thread

Oh really? That sucks… But im not blind.

Well that was like…once u got me there

But what does that have to do with trying to delete goats?

she is good, she isn’t bad, just map dependant, i see no problem with this.

i dont think you realize how much 1.2s is, I’m all for a faster tp, but definitely start with something like 1.8, 0.8s is huge for an insane ability like TP.
turret changes would definitely make her OP as well, you pretty much couldn’t move with it since 4 turrets AND additional 50dps more turrets to destroy etc. it would just be so OP man.

he’s picked more than most dps, and his winrate is nearly 10% higher than sombra who these forums r saying is op and really picked in owl (tho who cares), also, he’s more of a cheese character, 2.2% pickrate is really good for a hero who’s niche, ESPECIALLY the winrate, also 2.2% isn’t a niche pickrate, i would say under 1% is more niche

see, it also adds up to 150 still
inspire change isn’t that big of a deal imo, still same on her.

…That meta doesnt need to be deleted just cause you people are crying about it.

Idk why people still complain about metas… People also wanted moth & dive meta to be deleted.

Once again I say that 3-3/’‘goats’’ is just any other meta on this game…

Once again, no one said in this thread goats must be deleted, i jusr said rein may feel weak once we are complely out of the meta because of the armor changes

1 Like

Your new reaper ability is literally just his shift again with a different flavor.

I’d prefer something else.

Overall no other complains, though. I like basically everything else

tp should give like 25 shields to allies that pass through it. this would encourage people to use it more.
there are so many ideas to buff symm… too bad blizz has been neglecting her for the past 3 years

i mean lets be honest…25 health doesnt really change anything, the best breakpoint is 75 because it allows to survive a hanzo headshot if you have 200 hp, and a widow headshot if you have 250 hp,

yeah thats true but that would make her a good pick which is against blizzard policy.
i miss shield gen :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah it could, Who knows, its hard to tell,

symmetra especially does not only suffer from beeing bad, but also from having a small playerbase that was further reduced by the rework since a lot of her old players were allienated by it, so its hard to tell if shes good and not popular or just plan baid

i thought of making it able to go vertically or maybe be more of a free aim that you can move arround kind of like Moiras fade but combined with D.vas boosters, but im not sure, i went with the simplistic one

there wouldnt be a problem with this if there werent heroes who are good at every map and every situation, and others that arent,

either everyone is niche, or no one is,

i think your exagerating a bit, how does 1 more turret that can be destroyed in a single shot would suddenly make her OP,

i mean it is her ONLY worthwhile ability, its her main defense, mobility and utility, it needs to be faster, maybe not 1.2s but atleast 1.5s minimum,

little bit of an update and abump at the same time

• i increased syms tp deployment speed to 1.5

• i made torbs extra turret HP a bold change, since its the most controversial

• i added the possibility of giving pharah 100 armor, but explained that i prefered shields,

1 Like

completely separate regular overwatch from competitive play and OWL
pros are already playing a totally different game anyways

• made separate patches for the regular game and competitive
  • look at the heroes in the regular game and balance them around the idea of every hero be powerful and viable by themselves first, and not take into account any kind of team composition or hero combination, save that for the patches for the pro leagues and competitive play
  • more map variety maybe a vertical map with jump pads or elevators
  • give some mobility to bastion in reccon form, idk a super jump
  • allow Symetra’s tp to tp players on touch again like it was before
  • MAKE WINSTON ONLY ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH MONKEY SOUNDS, and climb walls, he is a gorilla ffs