Overwatch league tokens missing

I watched the whole 7 hour overwatch league stream live and when i checked my overwatch account i was only given 5 tokens. for 7 hours thats suppost to be 35. is there any way i can get my missing tokens? Overwatch League Tokens Missing this post is similar to my issue

25 Likes

Same happened to me I always watch and collect overwatch league tokens. I got the first 5 tokens and then the rest of the stream I didn’t get any. I assume it is an issue on overwatch’s end and they would rectify it as well.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I watched the full 7 hours and only got 5 tokens. Hopefully I still get my rewards afterwards though.

6 Likes

Everyone’s reporting the same thing. It’s just delayed, happens frequently. Least I hope anyway…

7 Likes

I hope it’s just delayed

3 Likes

If its not delayed then I guess they will notice when this thread blows up lol

it will probably be delayed. It also happened during the regular season. Yesterday there were over 135k viewers, where the standard is 20-35k. I only got 10 tokens… well hopefully we’ll get our tokens [and this awesome spray!] before the next broadcast.

3 Likes

What did you watch it on? I watched it on YouTube

1 Like

Yeah Same for me, 0 Tokens and None of the reward skins / Sprays. Hopefully its delayed

7 Likes

I didnt get any. Before i watched the stream i was at 80 tokens and im still at 80

1 Like

Update: my tokens have gone down from 5 to 0. Please fix this blizzard

Edit nvm they are back

1 Like

I assume this also includes the (gray/orange) OWL skins they’re gifting every 3 hours right?

Also, anyone got the official schedule for the upcoming dates and times? Today’s started a few hours earlier than what I read so I’d like an official source.

3 Likes

skin and sprays are mid november we get those

3 Likes

Yes on overwatchleague. com [it’s official OWL site] you can check schedule with hours adapted to your region…

1 Like

Same issue for me, only got 5 tokens watching the entire stream.

2 Likes

Wow didnt know that, thx :heart:

1 Like

This was mentioned a bunch in one of the larger reward-tracking threads, as well. Also mentioned in this thread, but worth citing directly, is the the playoff perks page, noting that items like player icons, name cards, and sprays won’t be delivered until the balance patch:

In-game items and Perks will appear in your account on or after November 15, 2022.

However, it would be disappointing if they didn’t award the OWL tokens for the time being, as they’d help with tracking hours (earn 150 tokens, expect all 30 tiers of the perks).

I’d imagine they’d specifically cite the tokens as such, and not lump them under “items”, so I’m hopeful we’ll see our proper token counts in the coming days as devs/engineers get back into the office.

8 Likes

I installed the app, couldnt figure out how to watch it, took a look at myself and said “why the f am I doing this? struggling to pretend to watch something for some digital currency to buy skins in a game that clearly hates me as a customer”.

I dont even understand how these incentives are legal, bribing customers to boost your numbers by paying them to watch. It’s all very scummy.

6 Likes

They’ve been doing it for all 5 years of OWL, and it’s a symbiotic win-win. The simplest way to earn tokens is to have your Battle.net linked with YouTube (click the diamond symbol during a live broadcast and follow the steps). You can leave the stream on in the background and casually earn tokens while they get their viewership numbers.

The only downside lately has been the 50% increase cost of cosmetics you can purchase with those tokens, and that the tokens now cost 20% more to purchase. Meanwhile, the rate to earn tokens by viewership hasn’t changed. Granted, that was likely due to too many players getting the skins with viewership instead of paying :man_shrugging:.

3 Likes

I got no tokens lmao

4 Likes