Overwatch League News - Regular Season Ended

One other trade, also between GZ and Philly:

update! flex support player Izayaki from the los angeles valiant has joined the shanghai dragons!

1 Like

Well that’s unexpected. Luffy was probably their weakest player on Sunday, but not weak enough to need replacing

you scared me so bad i read this and thought shanghai released luffy. i was about to start throwing rocks

1 Like

Stage 4 begins tomorrow, but there’s one more roster move before then:

Note that unlike in other recent releases, Munchkin has not retired. However, he is no longer with Seoul Dynasty, as he wishes to find gametime elsewhere

And as a friendly reminder, there is going to be more opportunities to earn more OWL tokens…

Lots of Tokens…

I mean we are talking like

A BUNCH of Tokens!!

Seriously… with the new League Picks contest you can get!

LOTS AND LOTS OF TOKENS!!!

Details in my guide

More transfer news, and this is the first transfer explicitly for next season:

The Miraculous Youngster reunion continues at Chengdu, with Leave now joining the team. He will be the 6th ex-MY player to join the Hunters, following on from players LateYoung, Jiqiren, YangXiaoLong, and staff members Hao and RUI.

Leave is not eligible to play this season, as his 18th birthday is not until October, but he will be available in S3.

Edit: Updated link to the official source

While I still don’t care much about OWL, I’m interested to see what metas will emerge from role lock. I hope it won’t be residentsleeper bunker everywhere like on live ladder.

This sounds really bothersome for the players, aren’t they gonna have to start unplugging and moving mice and stuff to move? lol

very excited for games to start up today. wonder if the 2-2-2 role lock will let players who have been on the bench all season to finally get some playtime in (looking at pine and diya in particular)

im also very intrigued by that new league picks thing

Troubling news for the Spark…

There’s also the matter of the 2019 MVP award. The 5 finalists have been revealed, and they’re…interesting:

• Sinatraa (San Francisco Shock)
  • Super (San Francisco Shock)
  • JJANU (Vancouver Titans)
  • Twilight (Vancouver Titans)
  • Guxue (Hangzhou Spark)

I hope a team that isn’t one of the ones with an MVP candidate wins, as to show that most of those MVP picks were because of the GOATS abuse.

Earlier this week, the first news about the 2020 season was published, which you can view here:

The main points to note:

• September 29th = S2 Grand Final
  • September 30th = Internal signing window opens (including promotion from academy teams)
  • November 11th = Any player not signed to a contract becomes a free agent (designated free agents can begin seeking a new team from October 7th)
  • November 15th = All teams must have at least 8 players
  • June 15th 2020 = Signing window closes. Any player born before June 15th 2002 is eligible.

And concerning the OWL<->Contenders infrastructure:

• 2-Way Contracts are now more flexible. Can freely play at both levels, but playing 2 OWL games in 30 days means being ineligible Contenders for 60 days
  • Playing 1 OWL game = not eligible for Contenders for 7 days
  • 4 2-Way players can be played at once, up from 2 in 2019
1 Like

Internal disciplinary news from Hangzhou this morning:

According to the Spark, Krystal has consistently violated team rules. As a result, he has been suspended indefinitely. Note this is at a team level, not a league level.

About bloody time. Back in my days on the high school football team, a player doing similar actions to what Krystal did here would be kicked off the team, expelled from school, and more than likely referred to the county prosecutor’s office for possible arrest and/or prosecution.

And all this trouble just so he could (allegedly) be with his girlfriend? Man, I’m 21 years old and still haven’t gotten into the dating scene (oh, sure, I’ve had lunch with a female friend of mine several times, but that’s so both she and I can catch a break from the hellscape called “college”). Why, you ask? Because since our brains aren’t fully developed til 25, I personally think it’s better to graduate first and then enter the dating scene. Cos all these people I’m friends with are literally falling in love and dating in high school/college, and you wanna guess how many of those relationships ended with a breakup/unfriend?

According to a HZ staff member on Twitter he’s been pulling these sorts of stunts since October, including using a travel Visa in February despite already having the work Visa required to get in the country

A roster update from Washington:

The writing was probably on the cards from the moment the Justice picked up a 3rd flex support player. Fahzix leaves Washington.

Was Fahzix really that much of a presence in matches?

I think he appeared in the first stage of matches.

1 Like