"OvErWaTcH iSnT dYiNg"

It doesn’t matter if they address those things…people will just shift their arguments to the next new thing…jeff spoke about this in the most recent Fran interview…they can address specific things people want…the meta for example…people then proceed to just find things to complain about with the new one…you can apply that across the board on here…nerf hero x…ok…well now we complain about the nerf or the need to nerf someone else…add lfg!!! Ok…well we don’t actually want to use it now that we have it…

When the community is gonna complain about whatever it is that they do (even when they specifically ask for it)…it kinda lowers the incentive of putting that dialogue out there…

The community doesn’t really know what it wants…and I think they’ve finally caught on to this…they’ll communicate what they feel is important nowadays…and frankly I don’t blame them

1 Like

keep fearmongering, nobody cares. If you require external validation to secure your loyalty to this game (i.e. is xyz still playing? omg they quit?) then you weren’t going to stay around for long anyway.

Nah. Its same 50 people everyday trash-talk about nerfing someone

1 Like

I will say, as someone, semi-new, I don’t think the game is dying. If it was, people like me wouldn’t be here. And, I’ve been apart of dying/dead games. OverWatch isn’t one of them… Yet.

What it is, however, is stagnant. I mean, for someone like me, Winter Wonderland was amazing. Yeti Hunter was new and exciting, I loved the skins, and the map changes for the season, and all that stuff… Then. But, how will I feel next year? In 2 years? 3? Whatever. At some point, if it stays this way, that feeling of “nothing new this time” will snowball (no pun intended), and, eventually, I’ll feel like you all do.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m quite thankful for this game. I love the lore, the characters, the cosmetics (from Sprays to Skins), it’s all quite grand, in its own way. It’s why I play for hours a day, it’s why watch the cinematics and read the comics, it’s why I’ve bought their official cereal (quite good, by the way) and why I’ve even bought Loot Boxes (even though I’m not a huge fan of them on principal, in most things). It’s all because I love OverWatch. I love what they built here and i want to support that.

But, without new things, how will this go on? How will you keep your players? And, due to the kind of game this is, without players, we have no game. I mean, don’t get me wrong here, I’m not asking for the world. I don’t expect 12 heroes and maps a year along with 100s of cosmetics and all that. But, if say, 3 years from now, all we get for Christmas is Yeti Hunter and a handful of skins… I don’t think they’ll be many people around still playing this game.

I don’t need the world. None of us should ask for that. But, if all they’re okay with is just keeping up the status quo, the game will eventually die. And probably a lot sooner than they or any one of us would think.

3 Likes

It’s almost like a 3 year old game isn’t going to be as popular as it was when it first came out, huh?

2 Likes

I’ve wanted Junkrat’s grenades to stop whizzing through enemies for a year.
That shouldn’t be so complicated.

A balanced game isn’t too much to ask for either.

Like yeah, I see there forums go too far every day, but its because they feel like nothing is changing for the better.

“The community doesn’t know what it wants” isn’t a good excuse. It’s not organized, we are mostly just a collective. Even if you disregard our individual ideas, that still leaves the fact (devs know it too) that the majority of the community feels like Overwatch is in decline while the devs insist that it’s in an upswing. That isn’t good.

That’s a time when community feedback is important, because obviously there’s a disconnect.

2 Likes

I’m actually looking forward to activision-blizzard announcing the discontinuation of Overwatch

1 Like

Also around 10 months of Delete Briggy, around 5 of nerf Moira and week of Ana is Op.

On top of your standart “Owl is evil”, “this game is dead” and “I quit”.

Guys this game is truly doomed. Stylosa switched to Apex Legends! Dead Game! Reeeeeee… /j

I do admit things are slow, it feels like game is stagnating and worst of all balance takes werid directions, but we might see bright future. Or breif end if they go “you think you do but you don’t” route.

Overwatch mobile is the future

2 Likes

Mobile screens are usually bright.

Though 3 years later TF2 had a ton of new maps (most of which are classics now), a cosmetics system (which was new at that time), many new and useful weapons, at least two major class rebalances (spy and engineer) and a very dedicated community (which also created their own e-sports).

Overwatch feels like TF2 but a year and a half after the release. Some content was added, but the game didn’t change that much.

4 Likes

While there will always be posters like you mentioned… it doesn’t help that they should really communicate, respond to and acknowledge feedback more.

1 Like

I think maybe they cut the development team.
Or at least let people go…

While the forums are certainly repetitive the “revert mercy for 1.5 years” is well warranted. There used to be a time when I thought all the feedback on that let alone other things would get through. The forums aren’t the only place you get a lot of those type of comments. Ah well. Now I only come here for the same reason I watch videos on the implosion of Fallout 76 and WoW - curiosity and entertainment.

1 Like

I think overwatch is in LoL status.

Most of the old players left, but there are still newbs flooding in every single day.

Just look at gold elo right now. Queue’s are like 2 minutes tops at all hours of the day.

I have tried the same at night at my level (mid-plat), where there will be both gold and diamond (and of course not grouped) in the same game.

This is something entirely new I have not seen before.

dOn’T wOrRy gUyS, oWl wiLl sAvE tEh gAeM

6 Likes

Tf2 is rather balanced nowadays, more than Overwatch, that’s for sure.

The main difference is Valve isn’t afraid to admit mistakes and act on it if a mistake makes the game less fun or frustrating to play. Valve will change, revert, and in some cases even remove entire mechanics people don’t like if they impede on game balance and fun factor. Look at the Sandman for example, a weapon which would stun players completely if they were hit by the baseball. No one liked playing against that and it was awful. At first they nerfed it so that the player still can’t fire their weapon, but can now move around at will. It still felt awful to play against though, so they just removed the stun completely.

Righteous Bison and the Claidheamh Mòr are examples of bad re-works just being reverted. A while ago these two weapons re-works… No one like the re-works, and they were overall weaker weapons because of the re-work and also lost their identity. What does Valve do? Just revert them to the original designs, like everyone asked.

Valve definitely makes balance mistakes but they do always listen to their players and don’t let pride get in the way of trying to make sure the game stays fun, and that’s the big thing that separates them from Blizzard.

1 Like

Some people just like to sip the Kool-Aid, and refuse to acknowledge the various things going on around them. I find no problem(s) with that, so long as those individuals don’t try and impress their views upon others. At that point, I have an issue with them. The people who sit back, and believe everything is peachy regarding Overwatch are just that crowd. I sit back, and let them parlay without a hint of disturbance. The EXACT moment they start claiming that people are wrong for acknowledging the elephant in the room, is when I feel entitled to call them on their bs.

2 Likes

Maybe the elephant is pink.

I don’t think twitch is a good measure of success. It helps to have views for the marketing but there are tons of games with a good player base that have been on-going for years that don’t have many stream viewership or just their formats don’t lend to streaming or just events.

I don’t know why, it must be a coincidence, people always bring up the rate of decline during a launch of another game being highly streamed on Twitch for views (Resident Evil, Apex, Anthem, Kingdom Hearts etc). Despite that OW remains with have 15-25k views consistently for the last few months and top 10-15 then goes back to 30~35k or more during its usual events or a popular streamer goes back to it. I think it’s doing fine, other games seem to only be kept afloat by 1 or 2 popular streamers. Kinda how like Summit is raises the views on Sea of Thieves.

Queues haven’t reduced for me, they’re usually less than a minute. Maybe you’re getting avoided or something? I only play QP lately but I do notice a wide range of ranks but I’m sitting around diamond the last time I did comp and QP has always had a wide of range of mmr/rank.

Dead social media reach just sounds like no advertisement memes like fornite does but they still do event tweets at least?

1 Like