Overwatch is dead

This game is over

• People stop streaming it
  • OWL lost a lot of viewers
  • People lost fate in the balance of the game after 1 year of GOATS, and probably there will be another year of orisa meta
  • People are not having fun and quitting the game
  • The events are identical since 2016

Waiting for comments saying “hey, ow is alive, you have no proof”

there are games like ROCKET LEAGUE (7 millions players each months) and overwatch is not even in top20 games for players active each months

This game is over, thanks to blizzard

23 Likes

thanks to players like you that always complain and do nothing to change anything within the community

bye Felicia!

9 Likes

Meanwhile, they made $90m from Twitch deal alone.

The game is dead is a funny term.

8 Likes

Grabs a bag of popcorn.

You know you could always play rock, paper, scissors, gecko, Spock. That works too.

I like this guy

I’m watching ML7 as we speak

OWL had over 100,000+ viewers yesterday and the playoffs arena tickets were sold out so fast most people didn’t even get a chance to look at the site that sold them.

Blizz has always been slow with balance changes, that has always been a thing.

The minority who aren’t capable of adapting are not having fun, others are doing just fine.

Jeff had already said that’d be the case a while back because they’re focusing on other things.

5 Likes

It may not be as lively as it used to be when it was first starting but to say its dead is just false. Over each coming year every game loses players but what ends up being left is the real fans of the game. People have never had any problem with any other game doing this so why does Overwatch have to be different?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say dead … but it’s going downhill for a while now. They put to much focus on OWL and i asume took away resources from OW itself.

2 Likes

Posts like these remind me of children who tell their parents their running away from home, and the mom and dad just laugh and say “Alright, there’s the door”, and they throw their fit and pack up their things.

But in the end, how many of them actually leave?

2 Likes

You know what people want? Overwatch in each year like COD/FIFA and whatnot.

Only thing I can think of which might have heavy impact on Overwatch: Halo Infinite. Since it’s coming to PC and am a big fan of the series, I can see it taking away a lot of players.

1 Like

I did when I was 13. For about 3 hours. Eventually got out 4 years later and haven’t been there for 5 years.

long suffering sigh OWL has it’s own team. The devs only create content for the main game and each of those things come to the community as a whole. If it was “OWL focused” as people like to spout, then those things would only come to OWL and not to the main game. Colorblind mode benefits everyone, replays benefits everyone, when they changed the killfeed it benefited everyone. These are game mechanics that the main game had needed even before OWL was a thing.

No resources are being used for one over the other. People need to stop thinking this.

7 Likes

Nintendo: nothing in the game industry “died” more than me!!

Overwatch: Hold my lootboxes!

1 Like

As much as I would like Overwatch to be like COD/FIFA it just isn’t like that, its not blizz’s style tbh. I can see Halo taking some players. I’m like that for the moment with BL3 just released too. I’ll keep coming back to play a few rounds of Overwatch every week like I normally do though.

um…Wasn’t it proven blizzard has been buying viewers…

he said people not everyone

1 Like

Aw look hes tryong tonget the atention of blizz how cute.

Non of those are facts. Well only in your head.

So people who don’t actually play the game aren’t watching it anymore so the game is dead?

People who play the game are… playing the game

As far as a I know that’s just some conspiracy theory stuff that Slasher has been spotting and most people know he’s saying stuff now just to get attention. So I take anything journalist say with a large grain of salt.

KarQ is on, IDDQD Is on, Arrge was on a little while ago.

1 Like

As much as I enjoy this game, I will admit it’s boring to watch, but that speaks nothing to the game play.

I personally find it boring to watch anyone play games so I don’t think viewers are an accurate metric

2 Likes