Overwatch FPS Drop Winterupdate

Before the winter update my frames per second was a average of 120-144. After the update my frame rate is about 67. Can anyone explain this sudden change?

3 Likes

I made the same thread earlier but no one said anything about it, I assumed it was just me and a few people on technical support section.

1 Like

At least your is playable, mine is average 40-30 and now is about 15-20 i thought was my Notebook dying.

2 Likes

My fps is still high, but the annoying part is the frame inconsistency, making the game quite laggy.

3 Likes

Put a limit for your FPS. Its bad having a good PC and doing this but at least works.

3 Likes

same here just launched the game sticks to 150 as i caped it there then drops to like 40 , gpu load is around 14 % (1080 gtx) . Started after winter update , Blizzard please fix would be appreciated .

My GPU is overclocked :disappointed_relieved: and my settings are at medium.

Try this out, it apparently can effect FPS too.

1 Like

I will try it. Thank you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hope it works! (^∀^)

My fps went up, I am guessing they implemented something to the game that supports multiple threads? the game has never been smoother too. Woot

Thanks for sharing. It did not work for me.

1 Like

“Dolby Atmos for Headphones”. fix doesn’t work

1 Like

Sorry to hear they didn’t fix!
Try posting in Technical Support or Bug Report?

The problem automatically fixed itself or that’s what it looks like.

Dunno if this applies to you, but Blizz World Holiday edition was put back into the map pool after fixes. Unoptimised maps (and effects, etc) kill frames badly.

I remember when Ashe first came out on PTR I went from mostly 300 FPS to mostly 150. With much larger spikes/fluctuations compared to before. They optimised her by the time she hit live, thankfully.