Overwatch for Mac. When?

how did you get it i search it up and it said you cant

Yup I loves me a D.Va

Fun fact, fps has has caught up with windows since then so now its basically the same game on linux now. Only difference is aim sensitivity is off so your muscle memory messes you up.

But yeah with apple purging all api out of their code in favor of their metal, it will break many games, and make it harder to port in general. I expect game support on mac to drop more.

However they are working on getting native ios apps to run on mac. So they will have more mobile games to play on macs.

Apple refuses to port the graphics API that they would use for an Overwatch on Mac version. It’s now 8 years outdated, and Blizz doesn’t want to invest the time to write it themselves.

It has to be up to date:

everyone gets airpods instead

checking if its a virus

Its not a virus

I play OW on a late 2016 macbook pro 15’’ via Boot Camp & Win10 with a keypad and mouse. I get over 100fps (everything set to low but that doesn’t affect gameplay at all) and haven’t had any glitches in 6mo. My setup is very portable too, which is handy. Haven’t paid for the win 10 either, still works fine. Heating or fan noise doesn’t bother me as I have headphones anyway.

1 Like

The hardware isn’t the problem. Additionally, since they have thunderbolt 3 port you can connect external graphicscards and then you can get yourself a nice RTX 2080 or whatever to run with…

I don’t think the market for mac gaming is significant enough for developers to bother with yet another platform.

Yes and no. NVidia and Apple hate each other. Pretty much limits you to AMD for an external gpu. The 580 seems to be the one with the least compatibility issues

The comment was in regards to the hardware. Driver issues will always be a problem if you run MacOS, but you could install and run Windows on a Mac, and then running a nVidia RTX 2080 on the thunderbolt 3 port would be no problem.

Why do people buy overpriced crap? (apple products)

MacOS is far superior to Windows for my office work. The Macbook Pro had far better multi-monitor support (ports) when it came out than any Windows laptops. If my desk could hold more monitors I would run 5 of them, but alas right now I only use 3 monitors at work.

I use a Windows PC at home though… And a Mac at work…

There is one feature I would request in MacOS though, and that’s cut’n’paste of files. They keep insisting with the drag’n’drop moving of files, which is incredibly slow. However, there are apps and scripts for everything and because it runs unix in its core (or something similar) you have access to all sorts of things, which is quite nice if you are a developer and you haven’t decided to switch over to Linux.

Also considering building a hackintosh at home (Build your own mac, basically). It’s all basic PC parts but you have to pick brands and models that are supported by the hackintosh builds. The price would be the same as a regular PC though.

Sure, it works for you and your work, but it is still severely overpriced which is my main gripe with it.

That and the OS is extremely stupid and completely counter intuitive (as someone who has been using windows since windows 95)

As someone who has been using Windows since Windows 3.0 (a few versions before Windows 95) I find it different, but not counterintuitive. The main interaction difference is probably that you don’t “browse” for the application which you wish to launch by either pressing an icon or going through the start menu, you press cmd-space and then type the first few letters of the name or application you wish to launch. I find it way quicker than Windows and have started to use Windows 10 the same way as I use my Mac.

In terms of hardware I think the laptops are fairly similarly priced compared to windows laptops for what they are. Of course you can get cheaper windows laptops but they tend to be either bulkier or heavier for the cheap high specced ones, or weaker specced for same form-factor but cheaper. And I haven’t paid for a laptop in the past 17 years that I have been using laptops; they are paid by my work.

You guys, he can’t hear you… he has airpods.

You can get a quad core surface pro 6 for less than a dual core macbook air. And the quality on surface pros are top notch

It’s a TF2 Joke where every merc got earbuds for the update

1 Like

mac is only for work … not for games . enjoy with photoshop :rofl::joy:

You could still use Cloud-Gaming aka Geforce NOW.
You. Just need a computer.

pal, Macs are able to have the capacity to run as fast or faster than a baseline Alien Ware Laptop