Overwatch for Mac. When?

You can install windows on your mac if it’s powerful enough to play overwatch decently

Real talk my dude just invest in a proper PC or gaming laptop. Idk what your reason for having a Mac is but I hate my Mac and it felt so much better to have an actual computer to run things on. (Also maybe… do two seconds of research before you buy a game to see what it’s compatible with)

1 Like

Oh, in about…
looks at watch
5 minutes to never.

Yes, it plays most games just fine. All depends on your computer - Before building my pc last year, I used to play Overwatch and Guild Wars 2 on my 27inch refurbished iMac (2009?) without barely any hiccups.

OP; just get a version of windows and use Bootcamp - mac has native tools for using Windows and it will perform better than other options like Wine. I don’t think Blizzard will bother to release a version for Mac knowing that people that really want to buy it will simply choose that option. :tired_face:

Also, specify your specs in the future! Everyone is imagining different things when you say “Mac” - some versions will run it well, some won’t. I wouldn’t really try to play it on a macbook and newer macbooks/desktops seem to make it tougher to upgrade your own ram but from experience, my imac did the job well enough.

4 Likes

I play HOTS in Mac OS X without problems … I just installed Win10 with Bootcamp and now I can play OW in my Mac laptop

Mac doesn’t have the capacity to run games like OW.

1 Like

Here’s a guide:

1 Like

MAC ??? please sell this thing and buy proper PC!

But the real question is: when Overwatch for IBM Power, since getiing an Onyx2 and running OW on IRIX would be impossible

im pretty sure they talked about it being very hard to make the game for Macs, and as it stands they don’t feel the need to expend a lot of resources into making it happen

If they cannot be bothered to fix their game for their current platforms, what chance do a port to Mac has?

The engine they used for OW exports to Pc, Xbox and Playstation. I doubt they will port to Mac. That would mean rewriting the engine. Instead what they should have done is find a better engine that exports to all 4. I have bootcamp but I refuse to play OW. I will support Warcraft 3 reforged and any new games released on Mac. Blizzard has supported Mac from way back in Diablo 2 times. I have loved Blizzard but I have to say the OW thing really broke my heart. For sure any Mac from 2012 and up can run it. Why not just consult with Aspyr and have them port it? Thats how LOL got ported to Mac a long time ago. Not thru Aspyr but some other group who ported the game.

To all the “get a real computer” people. Please just stop wasting your time on these forums. Macs have been playing games for years. The bootcamp thing has become this easy way out for game makers to skip Macs. The problem is that it skus the numbers. Nobody has any idea how many people are playing games on Macs because for the big games they just bootcamp it. All the indie developers make it on all platforms and you think the big guys can’t do the same? The hardware and software in a Mac is on par with any PC equipped with the same hardware period. Just that we get a way better operating system that people are not scared to upgrade. The problem is actually bootcamp. If every Xbox could bootcamp into a Playstation, bottom line developers would just make the Xbox version.

6 Likes

Thanks, it’s been almost two weeks since this thread had its’ last post and I was starting to get concerned that the state of Mac gaming hasn’t changed a lot since then

I just got the new 2018 mac with better processors than most gaming PCs and i still cant play overwatch on it after i paid a bunch of money on it plus all my friends are playing on pc and im stuck on xBox. o blizzard god jeff kaplain heeeeeeelllpppp.
:slightly_frowning_face:

I played wow on mine and you could fry an egg in that thing.

1 Like

XD D.VA Main
this does not help on mac at all because you still cant play it

It’s because Metal is crap and doesn’t support a lot of things OW needs. And I really doubt it will get better since the newest Mac OS doesn’t even have Nvidia support over a grudge between some higher ups.

Hurry, get a refund before it’s too late! Oops, it’s too late now! Sorry!

You cant refund OW anyways

I got a refund for it when I downloaded it to a computer that couldn’t run it.