Overwatch developers hypocrisy

Just something in the unspoke rules to shut down the thread and “direct them to the trash bin” oh wait I mean the mega-thread

They probably still would’ve taken it down anyway because it’s “not constructive to the game” or “calling out a dev”

2 Likes

It is constructive and criticising balance decisions and the game is allowed, it’s in the forum guidelines.

nope.

They listened to purely ONLY mid to low skill players.

the mercy nerf was purely to satiate lower skill players.
same with the roadhog nerf
the dva nerf
the zarya nerf

These nerfs are purely to satiate low to mid skill players and that is fact because diamond and above players did not whine as much as lower skilled players about these issues.

2 Likes

I suppose the developers are tired of the game which is why it’s treated like this. They can’t be tired of the community when they’re the ones keeping this game alive. Interesting.

This video is clearly made by a mercy main (or use to be). It has nothing to do with the developer hypocrisy as a whole.
Mercy is just a small part and not really the big deal this person is making it out to be.
Too narrow of a focus to have any credibility. It just sounds like a tantrum.

2 Likes

And that’s exactly where the balance issue lies. Not every hero is as good in Bronze as they are in Diamond. But Blizad just has tunnel vision when it comes to balancing and only focuses on a single rank.

“Is Roadhog OP in Bronze as he is in Gold? Hmm idk let’s just nerf him just in case”

1 Like

Mean but you can’t deny the fact that it’s mostly true… Most of the community still think “Hide n Res” was a viable strategy.

Again, mean but the truth. I mean, they preached about the successfulness of her rework but end up nerfing her a couple hundred times after the rework.

You mean how Blizzard insulted the entirety of the player base that took the time to submit feedback into the mega thread by posting a reply about the feedback outside of the mega thread? Seems to me like they’re getting a taste of their own medicene.

1 Like

…before it gets locked.

Did you even watch the video?

The video is about the hypocrisy of Blizzard developers. Mercy isn’t supposed to be the main topic in the video…

1 Like

Place your bets here on when you think this thread will get locked.

I did watch it and while it is claiming to be about the hypocrisy of Blizzard, it is clearly just a rant over Mercy.
The real question is, did you watch it?

1 Like

Hopefully soon. People on these forums are so sensitive to profanity…

That’s because the hypocrisy lies within Mercy.

Watched it twice. Aspects of Mercy were used in points to highlight hypocrisy. That doesn’t automatically make it a Mercy rant…

It is almost exclusively a Mercy rant, with points on the hypocrisy of Blizzard :joy:

2 Likes

Whether or not it is just to insult the devs for their fairly poor decisions, we signed an agreement saying we wouldn’t by playing the game. It is in the CoC, in the terms of service, which we agreed to.

even then, blizzard retains the “other” guideline that heavily implies that they can ban/remove whatever content for whatever reason.

Atleast thats what they have for owl and the players. they can kick whoever they want out of owl for whatever reason and its ok.

its been treated like this since almost day one. not even the first year of it being done and it was being treated pretty not smartily.
Then the next year happens, a whole bunch of meh and “why?” nerfs happened.
Like the soldier 20 dps to 19 dps, literally why?
all that does is make soldier more vulnerable and weaker in comparison to other dps characters like mccree or tracer.

and thats where my mentality flourishes.
I see certain characters as only flourishing in certain ranks.
Like mei right now. imo, mei is flourishing from bronze to plat or diamond. and imo, thats completely fine. Not every character can be viable due to how this game is currently set up.

IF they wanted t he game to be a “swapping” fest where you constantly swap like every other life, (like they said during overwatch’s launch) the set up would be completely different. you could retain like some set of ult charge, there’d be some algorithm that allowed ult charge to decently transfer from one hero to the next and be balanced. There’d be more into it. But there isnt.
The game still doesnt have hard counters and its been over two years.

that alone is hypocrisy, they lied at launch. or had a new idea on how to push the game.
and even then, they have to make each character unique but yet roadhog and reaper are almost clones of each other and its fine.
And winston right here not getting some buffs or reworks even though he’s the main proponent of dive and he gets changed up, dive will get changed up too.

1 Like

She posted it in Youtube so she isn’t binded by the agreement. It’s just those who post it on the forums which is why i quickly made it clear that i wasn’t aware that the vid was banned.

Well spoken