Overwatch Contenders / League 2022 Schedule - Earn Skins

I wish that they never changed their colors. I really liked the Dark blue and the red

1 Like

I don’t think there will be tokens and here is the proof:

Sources from inside Overwatch League franchises, who talked to GGRecon under the request for anonymity to protect their employment status, have alleged that they were told to not post content about the Pro-Am beyond the bare minimum information such as team schedules. The sources shared that they were not given any specific reasons as to why this decision was made.

Sources advised that, at least for some of the franchises, a lack of promotional posts for the Pro-Am wasn’t a deliberate choice but a result of understaffed social media departments amidst a wave of industry-wide layoffs.

https://www.ggrecon.com/articles/sources-overwatch-league-teams-tell-staff-to-not-push-pro-am-coverage/

I love the new New York graffiti so much, they added this on OW1 look in a short time and then reversed it.
https://imgur.com/a/ZJLBRtP

So is this the token method going forward? Having to fight the chat for two codes … or is that just for this? Please tell me token afk farming isn’t gone forever…

They had a pinned message saying it was just for the Pro-Am. Hopefully the drops are back in the regular season in a month.

1 Like

Soo, are there any rewards for Pro-Am streams? I still haven’t found anything ;|

As many have already mentioned/observed, there are no direct rewards for viewership from any of the recent streams.

There were OWL Token codes given out via a poll during one of the matches on Thursday; first come, first served. A few minutes after that poll went out, the OWL channel typed in the chat:

To be clear, selecting the code option in the poll does not grant you tokens. You’ll need to go to Battle.net Login and enter the code first. It’s like a race thing. Keep watching for more.

So only a handful of the thousands watching get tokens by staring at chat instead of the match.

If you watch any of the Twitch broadcasts like Korean Contenders Spring Series, you can earn the Reaper spray/weapon charm, which can also be earned by watching anyone playing Overwatch 2.

If/when they announce any actual viewership incentives, this thread will light up with responses, and maybe a new thread will be made, considering this one has ‘2022’ in its title.

<3 much love and tyvm PowerPlay

Sounds about right, considering the responses Blizzard ‘support’ has been giving, not surprising.

Because if you ask support in a ticket, they will basically all give the same response and post the article link (which gives the troubleshooting tips) without actually looking into the issue, and then will ask you to post in the forums, where they promptly give zero transparency in regards to posts regarding missing viewership rewards.

So, uh, still no rewards?

I’ve been refreshing. Seems no rewards as there’s no “Connected” with Diamond icon.

No “connected” thingy for me. Please WHERE are the drops??

This is what they said: Viewership Incentives are not available for the Pro-Am. Stay tuned to learn more about our Token Sweepstakes!

In short: Winning team gets 50,000 $, Bots get tokens and viewers get nothing. Great communication.

6 Likes

That’s disappointing. I wonder why there are rumors about Tokens being dropped in this weekend.

Those rumors hadn’t told us the whole picture and that is greedy OWL bots.

Just typical Blizzard protocol, screw things up, then abandon all support once everyone realizes how useless they are. Notice the nonexistent support on this page from anyone from Blizzard.

There was an OWL tweet that said to tune into the Pro-AM finals for details.

Folks took this tweet to mean the token drops would be back for this weekend, but is likely linked to some other offer they’ll mention at some point during the finals match.

This is all speculation, but I think this could be regarding some participation in a survey, joining a mailing list, or creating an account with something akin to Recall Division, and we’ll probably get 100 tokens for that participation.

1 Like

The tokens were still the first come, first served codes in the chat.

There was also a QR code on the broadcast on 4/8 for 10 OWL tokens and a Spray but this promo is only open to US residents.

Is the spray the same one that was given out to folks on the mailing list last week? The one for the mailing list is called ‘Pachimari LP’

1 Like