Overwatch competitive matchmaker patent

And that explains a lot of things… Dissapointed but no surprised!

Care to elaborate?

About that, Jeff didnt say anything about how winstreaks affect matchmaking. Blizzard got caught, of course Jeff tried to say otherwise about this patent.

We knew the matchmaking was rigged already, knowing that there’s a freakin’ patent for it cements it. No one can say otherwise about the matchmaking now.

It confirms what we already know. The matchmaking is rigged & Blizzard has a patent for it.

1 Like

Prove that the matchmaking is rigged. Oh you can’t only ow dev knows. Unless they rigged it up in the last 2 year which I doubt stop being paranoid and play the game.

2 Likes

We play the same game. After you win two or three times, you’re stuck with trash teammates for tons of matches. And now, that patent is further proof. Blizzard has documentation on it, yet you still want to say the matchmaking’s fine?

1 Like

Do we?

sure bad teammates but you probably are the same as them. One of my friend was on a 30 win streak and i am on a 90% winrate. You are in the same elo as them. I had the same mentality has you before. Took a break came back and climbed to diamond without a care in the world for my teammates because why would you care about them.

I mean why would I care about the matchmaker. I don’t need to blame it because i’m bad. If I lost a game, it’s my fault. And there is no actual proff they use this patent for overwatch.

1 Like

Just one person with the craziest luck ever, out of MILLIONS.

Im not even talking about Comp. But having the same elo doesnt mean a player deserves to be with them. Trash teammates cause losses, especially in Comp. Your rank is screwed thanks to them. This is a team game. One player cant win alone. Well, except DPS mains.

But everyone would be able to if Blizzard just fully went the FPS route that even Jeff himself wants for the game. Only then will that climbing mess actually be possible for the majority of the playerbase, instead of the 1% Blizzard favors.

Says an obvious DPS main.

Absolute bs. If a trash teammate goes Hog instead of Rein, your team has no defense & you lose, thats the Hog player’s fault, not yours.

Barriers are dying now, so I guess a better example would be if you’re stuck with a teammate that has no business going Widow, or doesnt heal with Mercy, and your team loses, the loss is on that trash Widow or Mercy player, not you.

You should worry about the matchmaker because such matches wouldnt happen if those trash, uncooperative players were paired with each other only.

Support Player here.

He was just doing better than the enemy team.

You are watching at your teammates. Looks at yourself, you are doing the same as them and they perceive the same way as you see them.

Play around it. If I lost, it means I could have done something else to win the game.

They are already paired with each other. You keep watching your teammates while you are probably doing bad too.

1 Like

Dps is the weakest role in the game and has been for a long time.

Tanks have always been the strongest and tanks always dictate what the meta is.

1 Like

Answer this for me. Did you actually read how the patent works ? because it doesn’t seems like it. If you would have read it you would have see that this is for Destiny 2.

1 Like

Sorry honest question since I have been reading that quite alot, but atleast my phone page search couldn’t find “destiny” reference?

It doesn’t say any name. It’s just a game owned by activision and all the thing they mention leads to destiny.

1 Like

Yeah just like the person with over 20 lost games in row, unless losing on purpose.

2 Likes

Why should player who is climbing worry about matchmaker?

2 Likes

Overwatch is also a game owned by activision. This patent is most likely for every activision owned multiplayer game. It does not mention any specific game and at one point I remember it mentioning multiple games. I would have to go back and find it.

Also the patent is slightly before overwatch became a game.

This is the one that truly matters.

“In another example, if a player has been performing poorly (e.g., getting killed at a rate higher than the player’s historical rate), the scoring engine may dynamically adjust one or more coefficients to match the player in a game that will improve the player’s performance. For example, the player may be matched with easier opponents, matched with teammates that historically resulted in better match outcomes, and/or placed in a game that is more tailored to the player’s preferences (e.g., players that play in games more closely aligned with their preferences tend to perform better).”

1 Like

And it also got activated around the time d2 release. There is so much details that are for d2 that it’s clear for which game the patent is.

1 Like

it doesn’t matter at all. It doesn’t work like that in overwatch. When I’m on pc I’ll give you every thing that proves its for destiny 2.

1 Like

D2 doesn’t have a complicated matchmaker like overwatch does. You get put in a match in less than 30 seconds which even before role q in overwatch I was waiting five minutes. Speaks for itself.

you haven’t read the entire patent did you? They specifically talked about queue times.

1 Like

You are assuming at the moment.