Overwatch, Balance Survey

This is a poll

Click to show poll

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdrsUyqxw_M3ruvnww2Ch_wvaz1LGWqccsQq018_ZJKpW4Blg/viewform

Click for answers

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdrsUyqxw_M3ruvnww2Ch_wvaz1LGWqccsQq018_ZJKpW4Blg/viewanalytics

I made a poll to get all feedback in one place in order to see the community perception of the game is,

Just so we are all in the same page, and to prevent any confusion:

Useless: A hero that no matter what, cant fulfill their own prupose and / or other heroes can easily fulfill theirs with less difficulty, considered throw picks, and are unviable in almost every situation, Might need a rework

Underpowered: a hero that is generally niche and not optimal for most situations, But they are still useful in certain ones, could probably be fixed with some number changes

Balanced: a hero that is in a good spot, has their weaknesses and their strenghts.

Overtuned: a hero that is considered very strong for external reasons to them for example, Meta favored, Underpowered Counters, etc and or could be easily fixed with some number changes, they have their counters, but generally your still at a slight disadvantage for not having them

Overpowered: a hero that is way too strong, that your at a severe disadvantage for not having in your team, their kit presents problems no matter what numbers you adjust, might need a rework, their counters arent enough to stop them

if you can, spread the link arround with the instructions to what each thing means to prevent confusions, and make sure to bump up the thread if you can,

92 Likes

Thatā€™s a great initiative, I really like this idea !

But I must say that I would like to have the option ā€œNo opinion/does not know the hero enough to give an opinionā€ because there are many heroes that I personally donā€™t play regularily/donā€™t play at all/have never played.
And while I might consider these heroes balanced, overtuned or underpowered, playing them more consistently could give me a better insight of the hero and change my opinion about their state.

21 Likes

Just say what you think they are from your experience,

every opinion matters :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

LOL, those results on Bastionā€¦my lord. Save the poor, robot!

31 Likes

20 responses is not enough to determine anything you need more data

yeah we need more people to vote

5 Likes

#SaveTheThreadPls

btw i added ashe

2 Likes

I dont think there are any fundamentally ā€œbrokenā€ heroes

i do think there are some heroā€™s that are overturned like hanzo and some underwhelming ones

but mostly heroes that are god dam annoying like mei and brig

2 Likes

i love how someone responded the survey by saying, and i quote

[insult here] your survey [insult here]

allright then

4 Likes

So from a sample of 50, it seems like they need to look at Symmetra, Reaper, Brigitte, Mercy, McCree, Orisa and Bastion next.

5 Likes

Please spellcheck your original post and the poll

Please add options: no opinion/ unsure

Edit: Will repost this in other communities once these are fixed, not gonna spread around a post thats a pain to read and a poll that calls a hero mcccreee

2 Likes

Give me a sec, im not a native english speakers so i will have typos

2 Likes

OP, you shouldnā€™t have added that space where people can write whatever they want lmao

Some things I found interesting:

1. People are actually almost 50/50 split on Orisa being balanced and underpowered.

2. A lot of people seem to think Bastion is underpowered/useless.

3. Despite being widely hated, Genji is seen as more balanced than not.

4. Even though Hanzo isnā€™t meta, a lot of responses indicated they find him overtuned.

5. Junkrat is more than 50% thought of as balanced. Iā€™m actually surprised by this - I was thinking people would shift more towards ā€œunderpoweredā€. I wonder what the reasoning behind this is.

6. Pretty divided in McCree - 50% think heā€™s balanced, ~45% think heā€™s underpowered.

7. Iā€™m really surprised people think Sombra is overpowered. Like, almost 12% think sheā€™s overpowered. I didnā€™t expect that.

8. Not surprising, a lot of people indicated Brigitte is overtuned/overpowered.

9. Not as surprising, majority of responses indicate that Mercy is underpowered/useless.

10. Zenyatta is probably regarded as the most balanced hero in that survey.

8 Likes

I dont see any spelling errors idk what the guy is talking about lol

2 Likes

My take on it:

Every hero is balanced except:

Overtuned:

• DF
  • Hanzo
  • Brig
  • Ana
  • Sombra

Undertuned:

• Pharah
  • Junkrat

Unplayable:

• Bastion

I did it, but I gotta say : whatā€™s the point ?

We knew the results already, and the devs will ignore them anyway.

2 Likes

Surveys are always fun.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t played the PTR so I canā€™t answer those question and that means I canā€™t turn the poll in. Srry,

winston and zenyatta most balanced :slight_smile:

1 Like