Overwatch 2 vs overwatch 1

u dont realise how much you love something until the threat of it disappearing is a reality. sure i rage at the game and say i hate it coz i get one shot every time i walk out of spawn or im sick of doom and his bugs, but when i face the fact i may never be able to play ow1 again, it makes me realise how much im going to miss it

I get your point, but I want to point out how Iā€™ve always loved Overwatch and mainly complained about the balance changes. I love Overwatch so much that Iā€™m explicitly making a game right now thatā€™s heavily based on what Overwatch used to be.

I hope it to be a cross between Bioshock and Overwatch :slight_smile:

Regardless, Iā€™ve stayed on brand with this, and I think its crazy that Iā€™m losing that game. At least, Iā€™m losing it for a little while.

1 Like

I think people are completely overreacting though. People are complaining about balance before we even have a beta. Game is still in alpha, theyā€™re just putting ideas into the game right now, you canā€™t balance when you donā€™t have an audience playing your game. Who knows how many of their ideas will actually stick. Thereā€™s also a lot of information we donā€™t know like how the new heroes will effect the game, other hero reworks. Complaining about balance right now is absolutely ridiculous. People are just impatient and jumping to conclusions before we even enter the balance phase which very well could be a year long beta.

I think that all goes out the window when you actively show people what you have. At that point, its open for critique, which should then help the game. Thatā€™s the whole reason why Iā€™m cagey about my work now. We canā€™t just show stuff off, and then say ā€œWait, donā€™t actually say anything about it. Weā€™re just testing things out internally and we showed it externally for no reasonā€.

1 Like