Overwatch 2 rerank bug

update: got the bug again today but this time on my support (happened on DPS first time). Plat 4 to Gold 5 to Gold 1.

5 Likes

The same bug again and again, I was plat and now I’m silver …

3 Likes

Seriously having the same problem! It’s messed me up so bad I went from plat 2 to bronze 1… in support ,this is seriously a problem. I keep playing thinking it’s going to work itself out but it’s not. I could lose one game before updating and still rank down which doesn’t even make sense.

2 Likes

Been having this happen to me in all three roles. Will win my 5 games with maybe one loss in them and then derank at least 1-3 ranks. Went from plat 2 to gold 4 on support, gold 1 to gold 3 on tank, and gold 1 to gold 4 on DPS.

1 Like

edit: it happened again… I won 5 games in a row after being glitched into bronze, got ranked to silver 2. played in a group again after that and once I got to the re-rank screen again there it was again… bronze 5 to bronze 1

1 Like

This glitch has happened to me 3 time now. latest I was gold 5, did my placement matches and it said i was silver 5 raised to silver 1. please fix

2 Likes

I had this happen to me last season and was why I couldn’t get back to High Masters or compete for GM. Everytime I logged on I was back to diamond 4 without playing any games, would get to Masters 4 and back to diamond 4, same thing 3-4 times. NOW it is happening again where I am GM5 and it did a rank from Masters 5 to Masters 2. I love this game, but this is getting very old and doesnt seem to be addressed no matter how many people complain. Pls fix this blizzard. Its no fun to grind and I’m deff not spending money.

3 Likes

What an impressive lack of response. It really kills the incentive to win games. How do I know when this is going to happen to me again? Why has this been ignored by the developers for several seasons? If there is something we’re overlooking, why not tell us?

From Gold 4, I was rewarded with a Silver 4 turning into a Silver 1. It ranked me UP to a LOWER division. With how common this issue seems, it explains why I’m either destroying, or being destroyed in my games!

EDIT: Went back up to Gold 4 then had a decent next 5 wins, and now it’s happened again. For all I know, this will keep happening. Combine this with a competitive leave ban I got before even joining the game (and half the players hadn’t even loaded yet), it makes it hard work to enjoy the game right now.

EDIT 2/3: It happened another two times. I think this makes 5 times in a row at the end of gold. I’ve noticed this only occurs on DPS role for me. In the time I’ve been endlessly looping with DPS, I’ve brought support from Gold to Diamond, no issues with reranking at all. No wonder it takes so long to queue DPS!

2 Likes

Same for me. Plat 1 down to Gold 2. it showed me the Gold 1 Rank…. I just had 4/5 loses. Support.

2 Likes

just go deranked from Gold straigt to Bronze 1 … these kind of bugs / issues are destroying the game. It doesnt make fun anymore to play this game. I´m done !

You want our money to buy a battle pass , then start delivering better and faster support !
It´s much better i spend my money on something else rather feeding Microsoft / Activison !

1 Like

I played a few matches in competitive Overwatch 2 and dropped from Diamond 5 to Platinum 5 in the DPS role. Ok, I lost a lot of matches in a row and that penalized me.
After that, I played more games and ended up with 5 wins and 3 losses. When he went to show the new RANK, it appeared from Gold 5 to Gold 1, and it was from Platinum 5.
So I played more games and got 5 wins and 2 losses. The rank did not change Gold 1 and remained in it.

Hours of gameplay wasted for nothing. How can you solve this problem?

1 Like

the same from gold 5 to silver 5, and after 5 games - 4 win 1 lose i drop to bronze 1 and i the most heal every game (50-250% more than second place + 20-40 kill), i shoude promote no drop.

2 Likes

Same happened to me i went from masters 3 to dia 3 to dia 1

2 Likes

Same for me. Was Gold 3, promotion said from Silver 5 to Silver 2.

4 Likes

Still Gold 1 in support after 5 win. like for the 3rd time.

3 Likes

This is not true as i have been playing overwatch for many years and playing comp since last season. I have put almost 200 hours into ow 2 since it came out and i have had the same thing happen to me while my friends that i play with rank up i get docked 4 to 5 levels each time i win 5 games. This even happened when i lost only 2 games and won 5. There is no way that i should go from gold 4 to bronze 3 in less than a week. Stop hating on new players, the ranking system does NOT work at all.

3 Likes

I have been playing Competitive Mystery Heroes and worked my way up to Plat 1 in rankings, but when it came time for promotion it moved me from Plat 1 to Plat 5, after more wins than losses (though I don’t know the ratio). I originally thought this was a quirk of CMH but from this thread it’s looking like it’s a much broader issue, which is… disheartening.

3 Likes

I was in plat 2, this has happened to me Atleast 6 times now and I’m in silver 1 now… really makes me not want to play the game anymore

3 Likes

This problem is effecting my support comp play I don’t know about my others. But good 5 support keeps bouncing me down to silver 5 and ranking me up from there every time and it has been annoying me for the past few weeks

3 Likes

the problem is affecting my support comp. before i was silver one and now i’m pretty sure i should be low golds or high silvers, but now i’m a bronze 2 and i’ve been winning most of my games. i would like to get the rank in supposed to have and get this bug fixed

4 Likes