Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 2 Developer Blog

The devs never cease to disappoint me with what they think the state of the game is like

What?? :laughing:

Saying it sucks when an allied Mercy can’t superjump and only knows how to use Guardian Angel is starting drama???

And it looks like you’ve commented on several threads that I haven’t replied to you on… So I’m not sure what you’re talking about…

Needs a Ranked mode. Playing 1 side of a QP map is bad.

1 Like

genji blade is spamming to buttons that arent close together so you don’t need accessibility options for it, lol.

Look, I think it’s weird, but it makes sense if you want to think about accessibiltiy for all players. Two buttons with your pinky is clunky and awkward and some simply can’t do it for whatever reason.

Can we be serious and talk about the actual state of the heroes and game instead of whatever imagined mythos you guys have about them? Symmetra has never “excelled” as shield breaker. There are plenty of heroes who can do it faster and from a dramatically much safer position.

You can see the results of a shield breaking test compared to many other heroes at the time stamp of that video.

2 Likes

Button remapping is a thing though. But console players can superjump as well, so it’s not even about buttons being difficult to press.

There’s a few ways to take “she excelled at shield breaking” aside from being the fastest shieldbreaker in the game

False. I proved beyond any doubt that I am right. The fact that they avoided my questions like the plague is proof.

I repeat, they already admitted to making a mistake, you are trying to defend someone who already admitted they were wrong, you aren’t doing yourself any favors.

Nope, it isn’t and again, ironic how you are the one throwing insults and then calling me a jerk, predictable of course, you are doing a good job of destroying your own credibility I don’t even have to try.

yeah pretty much; it’s all she could do, but not even that well. too scared to give her good damaghe while zarya got to do everything she does and better, while also being a tnak with strong abilities lol

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for them googling them every day, I want to see them

If they make superjumping more accessible by just allowing crouch GA to happen normally if you hold down crouch button and press GA, that would be an entirely acceptable option of making superjumping more accessible to playerbase (despite it being already accessible af), without breaking any of the old button combination sequences in performing superjumping or removing any of the nuance from doing different kind of jumps.

Currently the way to do superjump is to click crouch and immediately GA, since crouch ga cannot be performed from crouch normally.

I believe this would be the smartest solution and not be a controversal change to mercy’s current playstyle. As long as all the related techs can still be performed normally, such as V-superjump from higher platform to lower platform and back up.

Making it a cooldown on the other hand, would remove all the control mercy players have over the jump in question and all the maneuverability you can get with it and that’s a big no-no. Don’t do this.

However considering all the changes they tend to do, I’m just wary about how they could potentially mess up her entire ga.

1 Like

While you’re not wrong, I personally struggle with her super jump because the added keystrokes murder by wrist . I sustained a wrist injury in high school that has lead to frequent tendonitis flare-ups if I’m not careful. Excessive keystrokes is certainly one of the ways that my affected tendons get irritated. I already can only play Overwatch to a limited capacity but when I play Mercy (my favorite hero), my playtime gets cuts short even further.

I would certainly welcome a means to help make this easier because tendonitis can get very painful.

1 Like

Removing all the keystrokes required however would essentially remove all the control you have over what kind of jumps you like to do and when. If it just becomes exo boots, it means you cannot do varying heigh and curvature jumps, superjump resses, v-superjumps or anything of the sort.

Dumbing down her movement to make it more accessible is not the answer I’m afraid, it would just remove her potential GA options and make it less fun and make mercy poorer character as result. Then nobody has fun if she’d end up with a lame version of superjump that has little to no applications compared to the old one.

Half the techs in this video would just disappear entirely.

4 Likes

I don’t need any.

And again I remind you how they already admitted to making a mistake and that it was wrong of them.

Why not give immobile supports mobility? Ana with a grappling hook or Zen with a phase/blink like ability would avoid the need for an OP meme kick. And the mechanics already exist and fit within the lore.

The whole section on supports is interesting. It shows they understand that as enemies get better at killing things, the life expectancy of supports drops. A real “well, duh!” moment.

I’ll be particularly interested to see how they handle the question of mobility, given that their old answer was “more CC” and now that seems to be off the cards.

1 Like

Yes thank you for pointing this out since it proves they were being defensive for no reason at all.

And then they said:

Essentially proving me right.

They also erased the post where they admitted to being wrong. That is not suspicious at all, of course not. Thank you for showing me that, it makes it even worse for them and for you.

2 Likes

Can you guys go make another thread to ruin? This one is one of those rare cases where it has the potential for interesting discussion.

4 Likes

NAH I’ll just put the narcissist on permanent ignore.

2 Likes

He erased the post!! LMAO This just keeps getting better.

You just put your pal and yourself in an even worse position ROFL.

1 Like