Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 2 Developer Blog

It’s okay, Andough <3 A lot of stupid jerks on here. This guy is obviously too arrogant to admit to his wrong doing.

2 Likes

:joy: yes, exactly, I hope it’s just a coincidence lol.

4 Likes

Except for the fact that I proved beyond any doubt that I’m right. They never addressed my questions because they can’t since I am right. I’m factually not the jerk here, just saying.

1 Like

Incorrect. If you actually read my statements, you would see that I quoted them and then quoted myself. They made an assumption that I was talking about them, their own words not mine, they shouldn’t have.

No, you dont understand. They just didn’t know that Symmetra and Junk became worse. I mean. Who could have ever predicted that heroes that require set up, in a faster game, and are the most effective against tanks, might struggle when one of their main targets get removed?!

Oh, I literally drew the wrong conclusion with those four then LMAO

I hope it’s a really bad coincidence :upside_down_face:

I understood perfectly? You know why? Because I actually read the damn thing. Then Andough went on to stretch the limits of logic by saying some of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on these forums, which is saying a lot.

As any veteran Mercy player will tell you, the full potential of Mercy is not unlocked until you’ve learned the techniques that accompany her kit—particularly the “super jump.” While there are many guides and videos for those wanting to learn the method, it ultimately requires a complicated sequence of keystrokes and conditions that are not accessible or apparent to the average player.

Internally, we have started testing improvements to Mercy’s verticality, leaning into the unintended consequences of player discovery. We want to take it a step further by making the ability to “super jump” more consistent for everyone—not just the players who know the (not so) secret technique.

Mercy’s mobility has always been a core part of her kit and we will continue to look for ways to accentuate it and make it more accessible for everyone.

Yea no please don’t touch mercy’s superjump, it’s good as it is.

Why can’t we actually keep this relatively simple to learn but multifaceted tech in the game as it is? Why can other characters get to keep important technical applications of their kits but mercy’s has to be nerfed and watered down?

Silver players nowdays are superjumping efficiently, what in the world is supposedly difficult about this button press? It’s just a stepping stone to perfecting rest of her movement and tons of other characters have so many more harder techniques they can use, like ball walljumps, moira fade jumps, doom rollouts, even just using blade as genji is more difficult on the technical aspect.

Don’t break her guardian angel mechanics and dumb it down, I’m actually just going to quit the game if this happens. Dumbing it down means removing all guardian angel nuance and control that made mercy fun to play in favour of making it a cd and “accessible” and this would kill the character.

It is already extremely accessible. Please don’t nerf or dumb it down.

5 Likes

Moira’s fade jump went the same way :sob:

1 Like

That…does not bode well for us. :sob:

Yeah they’re going the “well either everyone has it or nobody does” route lol. Or… there is not a way for them to remove them out of the game, so they’re doing this to mercy too lol.

1 Like

Lawd.

I apologize for my silence when this happened with Moira.

Hindsight really is 20/20

They literally admitted to making an assumption and that it was wrong, you’ve got nothing here. By trying to help your friend you are making yourself look bad.

Just wanted to add my voice to those saying how much we appreciate this kind of open and detailed feedback - it’s a big change and it is outstanding.

What if Moira could crit if she drained people’s face?

More damage and more resource gained.

1 Like

Save yourself lol you can’t reason with bad faith people who have an ego

I’m not the jerk here because I’m the one who is factually right. They avoided my questions like the plague because they know they have no answer for them, since it goes against logic itself.

I literally posted the conversation which proves me right beyond any doubt.

And that was their mistake by their own admission, they shouldn’t have made an assumption it is always a mistake to assume things.

My skull is not thick I assure you that. And I am free to reply as many times as I want. How ironic that the only person here throwing insults is you, who’s the jerk here?

1 Like

yeah itds definitely about the accessibility

As a neutral party who is here just enjoying the show, the only person I see arguing in bad faith is you.

it ultimately requires a complicated sequence of keystrokes and conditions that are not accessible or apparent to the average player.

When genji blade is literally more difficult than superjumping but superjump is “complicated sequence of keystrokes”.

What’s next, pressing down mouse keys on mercy is too complicated button sequence so mercy doesn’t need to do that either?