Overwatch 2 Launches October 4 as a Free-to-Play Live Experience

That trailer didnt make feel anything lol.

Just a reflection of the poor state of the game.

It was funny also because I was watching on twitch and chat and the hosts were like “who cares?”

I got more emotion from the Plucky Squire indie game trailer from yesterday.

9 Likes

Well then that’s awesome

WoW, finally some huge news and all of it had to be ruined by the f2p announcement.

If you missed out on the event, catch up on the video here:

[Embed 6/12 Video]

Where is the video?

1 Like

And Overwatch Immoral incoming. Any other company doing an F2P model would be fine, but Bli$$ard is a sure guarantee that it will be some battle pass nonsense system from them

5 Likes

THE TRUE DEATH OF PALADINS HAS FINALLY ARRIVED! GOOD JOB SOLDIERS. THIS WAR HAS LASTED FAR TOO MANY YEARS AND WE MADE THE BIG PUSH TO SECURE VICTORY. It started with the war of YouTube before many years of Reddit wars. Counterattacking with replies for 4 years.

Then there was the great drought Year 2019. Paladins began advancing on us trying as hard as possible to put down our morale… But now… Year 2022, the move that will finally secure OUR VICTORY. My service as a Reddit soldier is now over. It was an honor.

9 Likes

October 4th. :grimacing:

I can’t believe they are making Moira look like that for OW2, that’s such a downgrade

9 Likes

i just realized…

My Alaskan cruise is that week…ima miss launch…lol

Just cancel the cruise 4head

4 Likes

actually…the trailer said

“early access begins in october 4”

i dont get it, is the game releasing on october 4 or its releasing later and only a select group of people will get to join in on oct 4? (e.g: streamers?)

people still acting like there cant be multiple games of the same genre

5 Likes

oh true. Had my finger on the 1 for ! & thought of multiples of 2.

2 Likes

so basically, its gonna be released in 2025?

This is the one I saw

8 Likes

PvP is launching on October 4, hence the early access. PvE will be later, or maybe it’s own thing, now that PVP is f2P.

1 Like

I’m so happy we have a release date now. But I am a bit worried about the F2P aspect, especially after seeing Diablo Immortal.
…Then again it is a mobile game and the majority of F2P mobile games have horrific monitization models.

9 Likes

Don’t worry, this is Blizzard launch after all, the servers will be down and wonky for a month at least

3 Likes

As selected as every other Early Access game ever released in the last decade.
So, everyone.

My guess is that the early access would be for ppl who own OW1 :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Uh what? Paladins is hardly relevant on the gaming market. Their numbers are down overall since the pandemic

1 Like

Yes its in the official announcment on the website.

1 Like