Overwatch 2 is Crashing my Internet

I’ve been playing Overwatch for a long time and never had this issue, but ever since OW2 came out and I play it. Every so often it completely crashed my wifi. For 10-20 seconds in turn logging me out from the game and causing me to log back in to get back in my comp game.

I’m not sure why this is happening, All of the other games that I play on a regular basis don’t cause this issue and it’s not due to my modem or drivers being outdated. It only happens with Overwatch 2. Nothing else.

I have consistent internet that is extremely high speed. So what’s going on? I’ve seen other users have this similar issue with Overwatch 2 but it seems no one has been able to determine a fix from what I could find. I’m reaching out in hopes that there is some insight that anyone here can provide.

2 Likes

I had antivirus cause issues for me.

I think the same thing is happening to me. I never had this issue playing OW1 for like…3 or 4 years and even when I gave OW2 a try for the past few days, it ran perfectly fine for several hours. However, it started acting up yesterday morning. I was in the middle of a game and the whole application just abruptly closed without warning or errors. I had to quickly jump back into my game like 3 times in a row as this kept happening immediately upon reconnecting to my match. It finally stabilized and allowed me to finish the match, but then it happened again during the POTG. Once I got back in again, I found out I was suspended for 10 minutes, which is dumb since I did come back after getting booted from the game, but whatever I guess.

Now I’m trying it again today and the same thing happened during the first match I tried to join. At the Hero Select screen, the game suddenly closed without warning or errors and when I got back in like 10 seconds later, it of course wouldn’t let me rejoin the match since it hadn’t actually started yet, and now I’ve been suspended for a full hour over something I have no control over -_-

I just checked my Windows Event Viewer and noticed this log:
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Looks like it happened around the same time I got kicked from the game. Admittedly, I haven’t actually checked my Wi-Fi connectivity to see if I’m truly disconnected or not, but I’m definitely going to check this time because I’m sure it will happen again. I was just in training mode for about 30 minutes and it did it to me again while switching heroes. I’ll try a bot match or something rather than risk a permanent ban -_-

UPDATE: So I just played in a custom lobby for 2 hours straight with no issues at all until I tried to pause the game to leave. It immediately closed out the game and my internet was still connected just fine. I even checked Event Viewer but there’s no logs to indicate anything happened. I’m at a loss here.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.