“Overwatch 2” is a terrible name

I mean, there are plenty of titles that just add a 2 to the name for sequels…

Whine harder.

Christ, this fanbase

Overwatch Two

Overwatch the other one

1 Like

I would’ve personally called it Overwatch Story Edition. Then again, I also wouldn’t have just sold Overwatch again as “Overwatch Legendary Edition” (Which is easily the greediest thing they’ve done outside of loot boxes), and instead named this Overwatch Legendary Edition.

1 Like

Overwatch, Episode 2: Attack of the Omnics.

A fitting sequel for “Overwatch, Episode 1: The Phatom Sombra” you know since no one plays her.

2 Likes

Overwatch: Team Fortress 2
Overwatch 3: Underwatch
Overwatch 4: Watch No More

1 Like

It’s almost like not adding bug reports to the acknowledged list for 6+ months, forcing esports while suppressing community run tournaments, never clarifying what is wrong, playing favouritism with heroes and doing the bare minimum effort leads to a negative hostile community.

1 Like

For all we know they could still give it a proper name

Honestly, I think the dev team wanted it to be an expansion of sorts. Activision seem to be pushing for Blizzard to make more direct sequels. Insane that they convinced them to let players play cross platform and get backward compatibility honestly.
Lets hope the price is reasonable.

Overwatch 2: Electric Boogaloo

Let’s not forget mocking the community, lying to the community, and trying to turn the community against each other. We even got two out of the three in the games first event.

1 Like

Should have gone for OverwatchZero so we could shorten it to Ow0

OW: Forever

OW: and Robin

“Overwatch 2 is a terrible name”

Team Fortress 2 be like…

The community does that well enough on its own.

It is a traditional sequel.
They’re just making much of the content available in the prequel too.

I would also preffer undertittle for a sequel. Iam sucker for those. And few shown here are pretty good and/or funny. My take would be:

• Overwatch: World in Crisis

• Overwatch: Arise

• Overwatch: Recollection

Eventually Overwatch Winnie the Pooh edition.

Overwatch 6: The Overestwatchest

1 Like