Overwatch 2 is a downgrade of Overwatch 1

You should see the China, Benelux laws about gambling (and maybe Canada but I’m not sure)

I don’t cry about this cancellation. We got PVP, story and cinematic and that’s enough. besides, Microsoft considers waste money for PVE than cosmetics.

They canceled them…

for 15 bucks
and that will be it

only because the game was put in maintenance mode to make this grand pve sequel

this is reaching battered wife levels of sad white knighting

2 Likes

Feel free to go and play something else then.

Personally I wasn’t the biggest fan of assault mode, although I am looking forward to Clash, which is Assault, but better.

Archives missions will likely return if Blizzard can’t continue work on the PvE story. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were yanked because Blizzard wanted to improve them and bring them into line with the new PvE missions that they are/were (depending on Blizzard’s official response) working on.

6v6 is meh, 5v5 is far better in my opinion and I say that as an old time Overwatch veteran who started playing the game in 2016.

End Cards are meh. Their loss isn’t a big deal.

Meanwhile, Overwatch 2 got rid of loot boxes (major win, since loot boxes are horrible), gave us two new modes, with a third mode coming soon, has had a bunch of fun events, has given us a LOT of new heroes, most if not all of which are fun to play (although some are niche).

And the competitive rework for this season and the DPS passive are honestly amazing.

I’d say Overwatch 2 has lived up to its name and is an upgrade.

1 Like

6v6 is honestly also minor. The only difference now is that there are 2 less Roadhogs in each match.

1 Like

i did, i haven’t played more than 2 hours of overwatch 2 because i refused to touch the game after the whole paid hero bullcrap

1 Like

Loot boxes will never come back as in many places there are gambling laws in place either banning or restricting games with loot boxes. It is a more recent development of laws that ow was obviously aware of and decided to get out of that monetization format. Overwatch would effectively be dead in many parts of the world if they didn’t.

Also I meant Austria not Australia lol oops my bad.

In australia the games with loot boxes just have to be rated 18+ and restricted from sale to those younger.

Both of these two statements are opinions stated as if they are facts, when they arent facts

Many players, myself included, greatly prefer 6v6 over the current 5v5 pay to win game

I know of no benefits whatsoever gained in OW2

5 Likes

I miss end cards. The way it ends now the match just kinda abruptly ends.

I miss having more time to continue chats with teammates or match chat with the other team

1 Like

Assault Maps? Good riddance.
6v6? It was replaced by something, whether or not you think it was better.

All of the other things, though, like LFG, and cards at the end of games, I miss those too. :frowning:

1 Like

That’s the difference in UI design ow1 Dev’s wanted to make you feel good at end of match, ow2 design is structured to hook you into a battlepass progression making you feel your progressing with xp.

They need to revisit all this sometime

4 Likes

Which ironically is one of the biggest negatives of OW2, for me.

4 Likes

It definitely feels like the matchmaking is worse in this game. I mean, I could be completely wrong, it’s not like we know what’s going on behind the scenes with it :sweat_smile: But yeah…with OW1 I had to wait longer (which sucked), but my matches in general felt a lot more fair. I felt like you had a lot more games that were close calls/evenly matched.

2 Likes

I can’t even find the Benelux laws about it, googling it just comes up with Belgium. If you’ve got a link to them though, I’d love to take a look. China has stopped letting you sell (and maybe give?) lootboxes to minors, and has it so that you have to be able to directly purchase anything that comes out of a lootbox. I don’t see anything for Canada, other than in 2023 a judge rejecting a claim that EA was participating in unlawful gaming, while allowing a class action suit accusing them of deceitful practices to go forward.

China still lets you sell lootboxes, just not to minors. I can’t find a direct (and translated) source of the regulations though, so don’t know if it’s still limited to paid lootboxes. Because the idea of “randomized reward” isn’t usually the issue, it’s that you can pay to get more chances at that randomized reward.

It’s all good, typos/mistakes happen lol.

I checked Austria’s laws too, and as far as I can tell it looks like there’s nothing on the books yet and a couple of contradictory court cases still ongoing. But the big case seems to be about EA’s FUT packs, which were considered gambling by a court because people could resell the stuff they were getting for a profit. But that doesn’t impact paid lootboxes that don’t let you sell the stuff in them (as in the case of OW2,) or free lootboxes in general.

I agree that paid lootboxes should be gone (even though they aren’t, and probably won’t be for some time.) But gambling laws still wouldn’t have much effect on free lootboxes. It would be like making playing poker or blackjack illegal even if no one was betting on it: it’s hard to call something gambling when it’s free to do and doesn’t reward you with anything of actual value.

And again, there’s nothing that inherently prevents free lootboxes and the current shop from existing at the same time. It’s possible to have both in a game, and giving away a lootbox that cannot be bought is going to be hard-pressed to be called gambling pretty much anywhere. The reason it isn’t happening isn’t because the legality of free lootboxes, it’s because if they gave free rewards again there’d be less pressure for people to buy coins and skins. It’s not a legal issue, it’s a financial/greed issue.

Lol you call “Archives” missions a minor stuff?

2 Likes

Don’t forget the new and downgraded matchmaking system that makes sure every match is a complete snowball.

True and real. Based

1 Like

All the minor things add up.

dont forget Free skins and earnable currency

2 Likes