Overwatch 2 is a downgrade of Overwatch 1

I forgot about those.

OW2 is just a discount OW1 really.

2 Likes

…

If you think about it, overwatch 2 looks like the original overwatch, and overwatch 1 looks like the sequel

1 Like

The benefits of OW2 outweigh any losses from OW1

6v6 going away is a W, not an L

but we got free heroes again when we lost it for no reason and on fire feature, ooo we are so back, thanks blizzard, maybe someday i can get a free event skin again

4 Likes

EXCUSE ME WHAT THE…? we got the same archives missions but now paywalled and with no replayability, all heroes options, achivements or rewards, is amazing how a free event was better than the 4 yers in developement story

4 Likes

Not to mention free, earnable skins/voicelines/emotes.

That’ll be $20 please

2 Likes

it was pretty obvious from the jump. unfortunate that people are now just realizing that. OW2 was nothing but a cash grab attempt

4 Likes

I will take double shield over Mauga meta any day.

2 Likes

aaaaand → I ← Lost the Joy/will to play Overwatch.

3 Likes

Yep: Overwatch 2 was, above everything, simply a re-monetization. :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Still available in Arcade, albeit there’s no QP RQ option for it sadly.

The event missions we get now every full-moon are literal archives + missions.

Post match bragging rights, but it was still a fun feature.

This is the real issue we have today. The 6v6 format was replaced with something far worse in 5v5, as most heroes were, and still are tuned for the 6v6 format, which makes the 5v5 format that much worse in comparison.

We lost the best maps in the game, and got crappy flashpoint maps as a very poor substitute.

Also, 6v6 really should come back.

1 Like

OMFG stop with the 6v6 its dead its never returning but some changes are due to aaron

1 Like

the game is horrible.

1 Like

I miss group finder, I used to play with all these LGBTQIA+ groups. Now I just mass reported for my pride flag player icon and now suspended for a month

1 Like

That was imo the worst mistake they made to switch out 2cp for push and flashpoint…

Gosh I hate these two new game modes… I leave as soon as I see it’s one of these modes… I don’t care for a penalty… I hate these new game modes so not gonna waste time om them…

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I would trade both push and flashpoint in a heartbeat for the old 2cp maps…

1 Like

What law? When I try to look it up I see that they had a commission that stated it considers loot boxes to be gambling, but that’s not exactly a law. Then their senate passed a motion to investigate lootboxes which came back saying they were psychologically akin to gambling, but all the report could do was to urge action. There was another report from their House that suggested maybe things with lootboxes need to be age verified to make sure kids aren’t getting them. Then their version of the ESRB said anything with any microtransactions had to list it had in-game purchases. And the last thing I see on it is that starting in September 2024, any game that has simulated gambling, including paid lootboxes would be classified as R18+.

From what I’ve seen, it looks like they’re still legal in Australia, it’s just that if you can pay for them with real money it makes the game classified as essentially Adult Only, since they don’t want kids to be gambling. It actually seems like in most countries that have issues with lootboxes, the issue is that you purchase them with real money, which is what makes them essentially gambling. If you just have randomized loot in your game though, with no way to purchase it with real money, it doesn’t seem illegal anywhere.

Thankfully, Trilly’s post was about the free lootboxes you’d get from leveling up, which could exist independently of paid lootboxes.

Also, I still think the crossover events are lazy and actually hurt the game. I love OPM and Cowboy Bebop, but they make no sense. They’re Fortnite levels of “let’s see what we can cram in here.” Overwatch’s setting and world and style is still amazing, and it’s just jarring and feels like it comes of as nothing more than a creatively bankrupt cash grab when they do crossovers like this. They just water down the world they created themselves by adding them in.

I just don’t feel like we gained all that much compared to what we lost. And there’s also the question of why we needed to lose anything. Could they not have added hero levels to the game without overhauling the monetization system? Could they not have added in new skins without cutting a Tank from each team? Was the ping system dependent on Hanamura being removed? Plus some of the things that were “gained” aren’t universally popular, either. Locking heroes behind a paywall/grindwall (which they’re finally reverting… 10 seasons after the update,) was never a good option. Preference-wise, I’d rather play 2CP maps than Push any day. The scoreboard has its heart in the right place, but leads to people just using it as more ammo to be toxic to their teammates.

OW2 to me felt like a complete downgrade in almost every respect (the ping system is great though,) to Overwatch. They’ve added some stuff in after I stopped playing (the hero level system doesn’t look bad, but flashpoint looks like less fun than Payload, Hybrid, or 2CP to me,) but most of it doesn’t really matter to me. I liked “free” lootboxes (that I got from playing after pre-ordering the Origin edition,) but I don’t care for mythic skins that require me to pay $10 and grind out a limited time battlepass for (or battlepasses in general, I despise them already and think they’re the least effective way to get me to engage with a game.) I liked some of the 2CP maps, but I don’t like Push as a game mode at all. I liked the end of match cards that would show weird tracked stats and let people vote (it was always fun when after a close game someone was so good the whole lobby agreed and voted for them,) but I think 5v5 made the game much less fun for me to play than 6v6 was.

This is essentially like telling someone that the library they liked to read and study in was better now since it has a restaurant, skee-ball, an ice skating rink, and plays country music all the time over the loudspeakers. And all they had to do was get rid of all the comfy chairs and desks and some of the books. Not all additions are good, especially if they come at the cost of something that you already enjoyed.

we lost jeff kaplan…

2 Likes

Yes, but it’s morally good to keep reminding the devs what they’ve taken away from the players - instead of just pretending it’s ok just cus time has passed. It’s not okay.

1 Like