Overwatch 2 disconnection followed by suspension

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve had this happen to me since Overwatch 2 came out. I was going to start my own complaint but I found this one.

Luckily they are far enough apart that I have only gotten up to a 15 min suspension.

Punishments should be disabled until you have a reliable way of knowing who’s fault the disconnects are.

I’m on PC.

2 Likes

This just happened to me. I just bought the premium battle pass too :frowning: a game throwing me out and then banning me makes me not wanna spend money on it lol

1 Like

This just happened to me. I got kicked from the server and now banned for an hour. I was playing, doing my job then I couldn’t control the character and got kicked. I hardly ever play competitive and never leave the match early. My internet is still up and running and I even got messages from the team chat so I was still connected. Why was I kicked and banned? I wasn’t inactive or throwing. I was very much participating.

2 Likes

yeah some thing happened to me as well, which is why i mentioned it on one of the post i made not very long ago so yeah, i understand how you feel.
at the same time i would also like to mention it was during my stream too… so i had to end it quickly.

2 Likes

for me 19 hours on the suspended time

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me today. Yesterday when i was playing i also got banned because while game search ongoing i was browsing internet with my second screen. When the game was found i switched to the game and it disconnected. Reward was 8h ban for leaving. GG Blizzard.

1 Like

Same issue last night. I was able to post a trouble ticket to support and got a prompt response (below). I had something similar happen a couple of months ago, and I got a hit with a severe penalty that cost be 3 notches in rank. This time, I happened to win my 7th game and was kept flat, though I went 7/10 and was hoping for an upgrade. I still got the game leaver X notification, so I assume I was penalized for the disconnect. What really stinks is that I was able to get back into the game, and we won, but I still got the penalty and 15 minute suspension. This definitely seems like a bug that needs to be addressed by the development team. Really disheartening to have this happen to you or someone on your team.

Greetings!

My name is Game Master Tarethla! I got your issue here about your Overwatcj account. First, I want to apologize for not being able to speak with you directly and for the wait you’ve experienced but I thank you for your patience and understanding.

I’ve taken a look over this for you to see what I could find here, and it looks like when your game had kicked you, the system had treated it as a disconnect and added a leaver penalty to your account, which is why it was saying it was supsended but you were still able to chat.

In regards to the rank up screen, while that will show up after every matches, a rank up isn’t a guarantee, depending on both your wins and losses as well as your overall performance in them, however, ranking isn’t something that we’re able to see or otherwise adjust.

So I do encourage you, if you feel that something isn’t working correctly with it, to post a bug report about this, which can be done on our forums at Bug Report - Overwatch Forums as our developers read them to look for reports of things that may not be working correctly with the game.

2 Likes

Same here. Just a moment ago. DCed while in a middle of the fight. Cannot reconnect to server. Plus even after try to quick quit and restart the game, the Battle.net app is so slow that the Play button was disabled for like 1-2 mins.

2 Likes

This bug has been ongoing for a few weeks now and the Devs have yet to address it. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

THIS morning in cmp game, screen tells server error ad i get penality. I am stuck in silver 2 for THIS.

1 Like

Same problem here, was playing a match. Got disconnected, can’t reconnect as the whole match got disconnected. And then we all (the people I could reach from the game) got a suspension.

2 Likes

a friends of mine got this multiple times… playing… and i saw him running through a wall and boum, disconnect… he got ban an entire season cause of that (Season 1 / 2)

1 Like

Still happening… just happened to me on my last game… Winning the match, disconnected, back to menu… Rejoin Match, match ended… We won but suspended? Means I probably lost SR… what BS…

1 Like

Just happened to me. Restarting the entire game let me rejoin but we lost because of my absence anyways…

1 Like

Mar 3, 2023 Just experienced this issue. Now I’m in the middle of the 15min ban from competitive.

1 Like

Mar 7, 2023.

This just happend to me and another player in the same match. We both silently disconnected and reconnected to the match at independent times. Not sure what happened to the other player but I disconnected a second time maybe less than 15 seconds from the end of the match and got a 15 minute suspension from competitive play because I couldn’t rejoin in time.

Normally I’d chalk it up to something else but it really felt like a server issue this time.

It’s quite frusterating.

1 Like

Still happening. There’s been no attempt to fix the issue, it feels like. Sometimes I can go a week without even having an issue, other times it’s constant. I’ve tried repairing files, I’ve tried full reinstalls, I even got upgrades for my internet and it’s nearly quadruple the speed and has no consistency issues. Nothing has changed. Today has been the worst, with 2 random disconnects in the span of 15 minutes. I’ve been monitoring my internet and it’s not an issue. I want to play comp this season, but I’ve been too nervous to touch it because I don’t want to comp banned for disconnecting for no reason.

1 Like

Happened to me today. I was disconnected from the servers and was immediately suspended. I have never left a game before in my entire time on this game. Because of the suspension, I got a rank penalty.
We know there is a problem with leavers but… Lumping in server issues is just not it. So frustrating and unfair, and it doesn’t feel like its fixing the leavers issues at all.

2 Likes