Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

Seems like just sending a link to an email that goes to the connected account would do just that but the twitch stream drop isn’t actually about cracking down on piracy.

1 Like

I recently changed battlenet tag using the free battletag change. My twitch account was linked to the old account. I watched the recently OW2 beta to get the keys. I claimed the key but i forgot that it was my old account that was linked. I relink the new account in twitch and attached my twitch account here. Will I still get the beta key for OW2?

I just got in despite:

• Not having updated the new name on twitch when i got the drop
  • Not having the bnet account on blizzard’s site connected to twitch
  • Disconnecting and reconnecting my account on the twitch site so my name would update

I’m not recommending anything, just telling y’all, even if those things have happened you haven’t messed up

6 Likes

if I took a shot every time I refreshed my battle.net client, I think I would be dead

6 Likes

I got my drop at 2 (I am in PST) and I have my account connected on twitch and accepted the drop and im still waiting to get access. Is it supposed to take this long?

ty for the update. twitch had my old bnet. this is a relief

all of my friends have gotten in except for me :^)

woohoo! i don’t know whats going on but im dead inside now!

3 Likes

6 hr gang lets goooo :upside_down_face: honestly im annoyed but not surprised, typical of blizzard LOL

note: both accts are linked both ways, i’ve restarted client, checked for updates, switched regions, launched firing range and quit, double-checked that the drop was claimed, logged out, updated my pw – e v e r y t h i n g

7 Likes

no new news on what they are doing to fix this mess so seems this won’t be fixed tonight so might as well fire up some ow1 doom parkour.

1 Like

That checks out with your profile picture. We will all get the beta eventually. One can only wait

1 Like

I think six hour gang is recruiting me :thinking:

3 Likes

same. It is indeed a sad day for all those left out of their friend group due to delay. Pour one out for us boys.

2 Likes

I understand that these things take time, but I come back after four hours (almost in the 5-hour gang) and it’s still not there. I tried all the fixes posted above (thank you for those, it’s good to see proper communication) and nothing has worked. Is this simply still a time issue? A 10-30 or even 60-minute wait is fine, but after almost five hours it starts getting a little ridiculous.

2 Likes

six hour gang SOON COME

3 Likes

at six hours we are no longer a gang, but a family :skull:

11 Likes

Coming real close to 6hours, seems like I won’t be getting in tonight. Back to dota :yawning_face:

i cant even open a support ticket like wtf

1 Like

5 hours!!! Absolute W

Imagine actually signing up with email. Then Blizzard saying hey no. watch this stream to F up out stuff

1 Like

Calm down Dominic Toretto. I hope I don’t have to be a part of that “family” ahah

1 Like