Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

It’s fine, you keep thinking they did a great job and I’ll keep thinking they could have done better. The symptom is the same - people are not getting access to something they should have gotten access to, and they are reporting that accordingly.

It’s weird to me when both of us can clearly see that something is not working and one of us can still say that nothing could have been done better. But anyways, we move on

1 Like

Coming up on 2 hours now. Still nothing, and I have tried nearly everything to “manipulate” it popping up.

2 Likes

been waiting since 5:15pm est and I’m connected on twitch and also on battlenet and still nothing.

1 Like

It’s always good fun getting shafted by game Devs because you live in Australia.

1 Like

Last I looked it was linked but now when I go just to make sure it time gates me out. I can’t even check my own account settings…Your company has hard failed on this. Talk about rolling a massive 1.

1 Like

Yeah totally simping here.

I just don’t get how you guys can come to these forums and act so brazenly entitled and toxic, and spout off about things we as customers know nothing about.

No one here has any idea how granting beta access from twitch drops work, have a little patience. Things don’t always run smoothly, and there’s a million other games you can be playing while waiting for the issue to resolve itself

2 and a half hours, no access

1 Like

Riddle me this AndyB! A fun one for you! It’s been awhile, but I updated my tag ‘name#1234’. The old name#1234 was linked for drops to twitch. I claimed the drop and realized that after. I re-linked my blizzard account to twitch (always been the same account) to the new name#1234… Will I still get the drop?.. OOF

3 Likes

Srry, but like I said, worked for me first try. Maybe for someone else it might work too.

Hope you get yours soon too. :frowning:

did this, didn’t work for me. restarted endless times… checked for updates… anything that’s been recommended, i’ve done at least three times by now lol

1 Like

Okay, but this would help confirm that it is delay for the beta access code and not due to someone changing their tag, right?

I’ve been kinda worried that I might have screwed something up in the whole thing (and it’s not actually delayed), but I did receive the 2 Free Legendary Loot Boxes (now I’m assuming that was linked to Twitch Prime and not just sitting around on my account).

2 Likes

2 hr and 30 here and still nothing. So disappointing. missed out playing with the squad on one of the few days off I get and likely wont be able to play with the full squad for the duration of the beta now. very disappointed

3 Likes

ooooh dont criticize blizzard we all know they’ve never done anything wrong LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

First off thank you all the employees for their hard work, I’ve tried everything on this document and claimed my drop around three hours ago with account linked.

Anything else to try? Appreciate any time and assistance.

1 Like

I already claimed my drop, but realized now 1 hour later that I’ve had a name change a few months ago and the twitch site still has my old name listed. Will I still be able to get in and do I need to refresh the twitch connection so my new name shows up or will that mess with the beta key?

2 Likes

3 hours, great, nothing acces to the beta!!! , amazing, my faith in ow2 is totally lost.

4 Likes

I received the prime gaming loot immediately as well.

1 Like

What bothers me is that this is not a new game for Blizzard. It comes from people who have run the current game for years, have run several Overwatch leagues, World Cups and events. Could anyone pretend they don’t have some actual experience regarding server loads? They do but I don’t know what they make of it.

4 Likes

I’ve done everything and I’ve had the drop for an hour now and nothing has worked. This is an absolute horrible way to do this.

I started watching at 10 am, claimed the drop at 2, and still haven’t gotten access.
Everything has been connected correctly and I checked before the streams started, and my friend just claimed and got the key after a few minutes. Is there anything else I can do outside of what is listed above or is it just a waiting game now?

2 Likes