Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

I just hate how this was done through twitch drops I really do. There are so many problems with 3rd party connections all over the place. Why couldn’t you guys literally just do an overwatch 2 beta tab on battlenet that was accessible to everyone? I’m so frustrated right now because I just want to play this with my friends and they’ve all gotten in while I’ve been waiting for 3 hours after I claimed my beta but still have nothing. What a joke my goodness.

6 Likes

I already changed it to my new one… Now Iam waiting how itll be solved, Iam not here alone with the same problem though.

Cool, cool, cool. That definitely helps reassure it’s a delay.

should’ve just let everyone play the beta without making us viewbot for blizz and give them free advertising

6 Likes

I linked the account when I started streaming, not after I redeemed. It’s been well over an hour. Is there another problem?

Could we have an hour and a half extension on these drops by chance :wink:

I claimed within minutes… I recovered my old twitch cause i hate the place…

I have a question if you don’t mind… How did no one consider making sure play groups get some form of consideration? Like people who play or have in the past played like so many hours together so we could take this first step together?

Me the 1 damned person excited for OW2 in 3 different play groups, constantly talking it up, getting them onboard…

no invite and watching them play for hours

Them: some have a multiple harsh punishments and got email invites, some haven’t logged in for months or years, 15 mins to claim

i am sitting here isolated not even able to play and experience this with my friends.

Sour grapes. Am I supposed to be so toxic i get punished? am i supposed to not played for months or years to get in? like heck my dude…

4 Likes

It is definitely a mess, starting yesterday with “random” invites to Streamers and accounts people don’t even use.

4 Likes

any amount of anti-player frustration was thrown out the window when the devs realized they could get away with making the playerbase jump through hoops to give them more numbers on twitch and try and advertise ov2 for them

2 Likes

I’m very sure now that if you’ve received the free lootboxes and already noticed them on your account, then it is just the delay.

I was worried that I might have screwed something up because I saw my old tag (that I changed) linked to Twitch. It doesn’t matter, it IS just a delay. My account had the 2 lootboxes, so everything is actually connected.

I get being patient, but geez, having to figure out something wasn’t screwed up was the real stress and frustration.

1 Like

so how do I link twitch to battle.net? cuz I linked battle.net on twitch

oh I found it… but the page is down…

Two and a half hours after claiming and I still can’t access the beta. I’ve done all the troubleshooting steps in this thread and my Twitch was connected to my account both ways prior to this. I’ve never had trouble claiming drops in the past and I’ve never changed my battletag.

I’m not sure if the delay after claiming is still happening, so I just thought I should put this out there.

8 Likes

Watched 4 hours of some of the worst gameplay ever lol, now i sit without any access to the game…

4 Likes

@Overwatch staff: could we get some info? Like what waiting time should we expect? Some insight on the server loads? Number of people in queue. I don’t know, something to eat besides the classic zero info we know too well.

Our dear Aaron mentionned you guys would do more communication efforts… so here it is: what’s going on right now?

3 Likes

Its still baffling to me that people who claimed AFTER others are getting their drops before. Is it not a First In, First Out type of thing? I have the grave feeling that when I claimed 2 minutes after the initial 4 hour mark, that others who completed their 4 hours after me are redeeming and the system is checking them off, while people like me who claimed earlier are just told to go sit in the corner and “bE pAtIeNt”.

6 Likes

I can understand a delay, but it seems like this is impacting the people who claimed the drops earliest the most, and that just sucks. It’s been 2.5+ hours since I claimed the drop, yet people who claimed it way later have already gotten in :frowning:

4 Likes

There is hope…but for now let this bring hope
2.5 hours in…
———————————No beta?———————————
⠀⣞⢽⢪⢣⢣⢣⢫⡺⡵⣝⡮⣗⢷⢽⢽⢽⣮⡷⡽⣜⣜⢮⢺⣜⢷⢽⢝⡽⣝
⠸⡸⠜⠕⠕⠁⢁⢇⢏⢽⢺⣪⡳⡝⣎⣏⢯⢞⡿⣟⣷⣳⢯⡷⣽⢽⢯⣳⣫⠇
⠀⠀⢀⢀⢄⢬⢪⡪⡎⣆⡈⠚⠜⠕⠇⠗⠝⢕⢯⢫⣞⣯⣿⣻⡽⣏⢗⣗⠏⠀
⠀⠪⡪⡪⣪⢪⢺⢸⢢⢓⢆⢤⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢊⢞⡾⣿⡯⣏⢮⠷⠁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠈⠊⠆⡃⠕⢕⢇⢇⢇⢇⢇⢏⢎⢎⢆⢄⠀⢑⣽⣿⢝⠲⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡿⠂⠠⠀⡇⢇⠕⢈⣀⠀⠁⠡⠣⡣⡫⣂⣿⠯⢪⠰⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⡦⡙⡂⢀⢤⢣⠣⡈⣾⡃⠠⠄⠀⡄⢱⣌⣶⢏⢊⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢝⡲⣜⡮⡏⢎⢌⢂⠙⠢⠐⢀⢘⢵⣽⣿⡿⠁⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠨⣺⡺⡕⡕⡱⡑⡆⡕⡅⡕⡜⡼⢽⡻⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣳⣫⣾⣵⣗⡵⡱⡡⢣⢑⢕⢜⢕⡝⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⡿⡽⡑⢌⠪⡢⡣⣣⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡟⡾⣿⢿⢿⢵⣽⣾⣼⣘⢸⢸⣞⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠇⠡⠩⡫⢿⣝⡻⡮⣒⢽⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
—————————————————————————————

6 Likes

Something to check - My correct Battlenet account was linked on Twitch - but when I checked on the Battlenet side just now it showed NO Twitch account linked. Not sure how that’s possible, but now that I’ve setup the connection after I claimed, will it still work?

Edit - CHECK BATTLENET TO CONFIRM YOUR TWITCH ACCOUNT IS LINKED BEFORE YOU CLAIM, EVEN IF ITS LINKED ON THE TWITCH SIDE

4 Likes

———————————No beta?———————————
⠀⣞⢽⢪⢣⢣⢣⢫⡺⡵⣝⡮⣗⢷⢽⢽⢽⣮⡷⡽⣜⣜⢮⢺⣜⢷⢽⢝⡽⣝
⠸⡸⠜⠕⠕⠁⢁⢇⢏⢽⢺⣪⡳⡝⣎⣏⢯⢞⡿⣟⣷⣳⢯⡷⣽⢽⢯⣳⣫⠇
⠀⠀⢀⢀⢄⢬⢪⡪⡎⣆⡈⠚⠜⠕⠇⠗⠝⢕⢯⢫⣞⣯⣿⣻⡽⣏⢗⣗⠏⠀
⠀⠪⡪⡪⣪⢪⢺⢸⢢⢓⢆⢤⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢊⢞⡾⣿⡯⣏⢮⠷⠁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠈⠊⠆⡃⠕⢕⢇⢇⢇⢇⢇⢏⢎⢎⢆⢄⠀⢑⣽⣿⢝⠲⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡿⠂⠠⠀⡇⢇⠕⢈⣀⠀⠁⠡⠣⡣⡫⣂⣿⠯⢪⠰⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⡦⡙⡂⢀⢤⢣⠣⡈⣾⡃⠠⠄⠀⡄⢱⣌⣶⢏⢊⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢝⡲⣜⡮⡏⢎⢌⢂⠙⠢⠐⢀⢘⢵⣽⣿⡿⠁⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠨⣺⡺⡕⡕⡱⡑⡆⡕⡅⡕⡜⡼⢽⡻⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣳⣫⣾⣵⣗⡵⡱⡡⢣⢑⢕⢜⢕⡝⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀