Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

been waiting for 3 hours yet no beta.
I’m really furious right now

2 Likes

See, I was there, too.
I claimed the drop, then waited 20-30 minutes for the dropdown menu in the launcher to refresh. When it was there I quickly clicked and started the install. After that, about 90 minutes after installing, 120 minutes after claiming the drop, FINALLY my regular login attempts were not greeted with “unexpected server error” anymore and I could start to play.
That being said: I was in the VERY early wave of people who started watching in the very first five minutes of the “view event”.
Just don’t give up, stay nice and chin up - eventually everyone will have things figured. Just posting this as a “factual” thing with numbers people can use to assume/guesstimate situations about their wait time.

1 Like

missing a 5 stack sucks closing in on the 4 hour mark RIP

I’ve just realized that Twitch is not listed under my “authorized applications” but my Twitch is already connected to my Bnet, and I’ve received drops that way in the past. Is there something you’d recommend I’d do? Thanks for helping everyone out so much, by the way. You should be getting paid for this if you aren’t.

1 Like

Please sticky this cause folks are gonna keep making posts about it lol.

1 Like

Hi folks, we’ve been looking into the issue of folks claiming and not receiving their drops several hours later. As soon as I have more information I’ll share it

In the meantime, please follow WyomingMyst’s instructions above if you haven’t already. We’ve seen more than a few anecdotal reports (not enough for me to officially state it as a fix) that refreshing your connection between your Blizzard and Twitch accounts nets positive results

9 Likes

I believe it would be the right time to dig again into it then to provide accurate verified information on what to expect next

1 Like

Well, guess im gonna know only when blizzard would fix their company, oh wait, they wont Aware

exactly how???

3 Likes

How would we refresh it?

1 Like

Hmm… in the blizzard launcher, in the overwatch tab, under “game version” you should open the drop-down menu and check if there is a new option. It should be there, maybe restart the launcher. Then install, then try until “unexpected server issues” (if even still there) is gone - then you should be able to play. That’s how it went for me.

1 Like

What do you mean refreshing your connection? Disconnecting it on twitch and reconnecting?

I hit the 100 percent mark at hour 4 of watching SuperTF and claimed right away, but still don’t have access. I did double and triple check my account was linked on Twitch.

Should i remove the connection and reconnect again?

how to refresh? cause i’m concerned if i mess the connection up it all gets lost lmfao

4 Likes

I received the drop and have both my twitch account and my battlenet account linked to each other but nothing other than Overwatch live is showing up. I tried the region swapping, the cache clearing, and the logging out/restarting. Also, it’s been about 2hrs since I claimed the beta drop. Wondering if there’s any other way to troubleshoot this or approximately how long it may take for the beta to show up for me. Thanks!

go into twitch hit drops manage connections disconect blizzard and reconnect

The problem is that there is no new option for a lot of people even after waiting many hours. It is not possible to select the beta, only the live game.

3 Likes

Nothing.

2 Likes

It’s been exactly one hour since I’ve claimed my drop. Did the troubleshoot and double-checked my connections. Seems like the “Connections” from Twitch is the culprit (?) Twitch said I’m connected but surprisingly, from the Battle.net I had to connect it from there again. Is this causing the delay?

3 Likes