Overwatch 2 Beta - Known Issues

When queueing for a game of dps and loading into a game xbox series X crashes and calls it a ventilation error. This only happens on the beta and when specifically on dps and no other role.

( On Xbox )
Settings are only able to be altered in multiples of 10, except for a few random settings like “waypoint opacity” , this is especially problematic as now there is no way to fix aim settings or set specific values

MY game spikes with lag when going to shoot full charged widow shots, so once I shoot I am stuck and unable to move for a second each time while nobody else gets the spike

Cassidy Magnetic Grenade feels EXTREMELY inconsistent when sticking people, I have had multiple times where I throw it at an enemy who is not more than 3 meters from me and it doesn’t magnetize to them

Not sure if this would count as an issue but the reticles feel a lot harder to see (much smaller than what I use for ow1, colors aren’t as easy to see) and while I would love to try out different settings to maybe fix that myself … I am sure you can see how that currently just is not possible

1 Like

Same issue here. Crashing after startup.

2 Likes

please also consider reverting Mercy’s GA change as well as fixing up her resurrect button on console as it is tied to angelic descent yet when I press and hold it to stay ih the air after using GA my beam disconnects automatically

2 Likes

Idk if this is where I should post this but j want someone from the team to see this, me and a good amount of other people I play with have felt that the aim, or sensitivity on the ow 2 beta for console feels different from ow 1. Idk if this was intended but sometimes it feels like I can’t hit the shots I was able to anymore. I do think it may be a bug cuz once I swapped from balanced to Framerate (I play on a Xbox series x) it felt exactly like ow 1 sens again. Here’s a good video describing what I mean.
There is a problem with Overwatch 2's Aiming - YouTube Hope someone sees this. Thanks!!

1 Like
  • I missing the system-clock or watch in the gui.
  • In the welcome-page is the versionnumber under the performance display
1 Like

I can’t start the overwatch 2 beta on my ps 4 i always get an error and i don’t now what to do

UPDATE: it’s something with dual zone. Framerate mode still has similar aim issues. Dual zone doesn’t feel the same as ow 1. Hope this gets fixed!! Betas loads of fun

1 Like
  • Bastion’s “Alert! Alert!” emote does not change the color of his lighting (from blue to red) when using the “Classic II” skin.

• Torbjorn’s “Refreshing” highlight intro does not get all of the lava in his mouth, some hitting his cheek, when using the “Classic II” skin.

I get kicked out of my group when I’m leader and try to leave as group. It pulls the group out but I get kicked out.

Mercy super boost whenever you don’t press space to cancel and explosives can vary too much in damage from like 5 damage to one-shotting 200+ health targets. Sojourn’s hit-box can sometimes be hit or miss? I try to snipe my teammate as Ana and sometimes it feels like it should be hitting.

1 Like

Sombra’s hack just doesn’t work sometimes. The sounds/animations play as normal but the target doesn’t lose any functionality.

• Widowmaker Noire skin is not present in skin gallery for those who have it (PS5)
  • Console custom aim settings only adjust by multiples of 10’s instead of signal digits
  • Reticle custom settings can only be set to size 2 or 10, no in between
  • Cassidy’s Classic II skin HAT brim has an overbearing amount of physics when walking, crouching, jumping, etc.
  • Widowmaker Noir Skin not availible (PS5)
  • Disconnections occuring before map loads (PS5)
  • PS5 occasionally just powers off after a game has completed (Usually directly after it says Defeat || Victory)

OW2 files have some connection or interaction with Razer Chroma SDK Windows services (RzSDKservice.exe). If Razer Chroma SDK is uninstalled, OW 2 will crash to desktop on startup without an error screen. Reinstalling the software resolves the issue. Crash behavior matches if you manually toggle the Razer services off/on via Windows Services.

I suspect a fix would be a fresh install of OW2 (possibly OW1 as well if the files are shared) with all razer software/services removed before. Only intended for people that no longer use Razer software/hardware and don’t need Chroma SDK installed.

Xbox Series S:
-When using Ping and Comms Wheel it slows down the game below 30fps.
-When using Text Chat while the game changes from “Round 1 Complete” to “Hero Select” freezes the game.
-“Resolution mode” are 30 fps on menus (Main Menu, Hero Selection), remove the fps cap on menus it’s horrible!

Some voice lines and skins I have unlocked in OW1 are re-locked in the OW2 beta. Is that a bug or intentional?

Bap’s immortality field seems to force a players aim above it, so i have to fight my controls down to aim at a stationary object.

I’ve also noticed theres a chance for the ping menu to fail loading, or switch to four communications instead. It also cant be bound to anything else for Echo

Something’s different about aim in OW2 compared to OW1. I can’t quite figure it out but it feels like there’s either some sort of delay or a bug with dual-zone. Please check on this. Thanks!

1 Like

PC
Busan Downtown
Moira - Classic II skin

In the spawn room before the match, the textures overlaying Moira’s hands/forearms kept flashing off and on, appearing at times like TV static.

I played the match normally and noticed early into it that something corrected and the glitch resolved itself.