Overwatch 2 aim assist

I’ve noticed that in overwatch 2 when you join a lobby with a pc player when your a console player your aim assist gets taken away, I was thinking that it would be better if we could get aim assist allowing us to help the pc players

8 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t care about anything console related if you haven’t noticed. Plus, since you can hook a M&K up to console and play casual nothing will changed…

It’s like that in OW1 too. An aimbot is a massively unfair advantage, even if it’s to compensate for the disadvantage of using a controller.

8 Likes

pc players would still have advantages even with aim assist on, its mostly so that people playing on console with mkb can only bully the console pool

5 Likes

What is the purpose of aim assist if aim assist was conceived as a misguided way of “evening” the playing field in console-pc crossplay, because “console players could never compete with pc players”.
Even though being bad because of a controller or just being bad is the exact same to a ranking system placing people in their correct spot.

So then now we come to a spot where console players have come to rely on crappy aim assist rather than learn to actually play with a controller and aim assist isn’t available in console-pc crossplay cuz it just ain’t fair on the pc player.

Not that I’m an advocate for aim assist, I consider it an abomination that should’ve never seen the light of day, so… I guess I’m just amused at the irony of it all.

Ow1 aimassist is terrible lol what a joke you just said.

4 Likes

PC players do not get aim assist using controllers. You play in PC lobbies, you play by PC rules.

6 Likes

No, OW doesn’t need more aim assist. We already have Torb, symm, Bob, Soldiers ult… we don’t need a bunch of console players coming in teams with a PC player to ruin our PC games.
If you don’t like not having aim assist, don’t play in the PC lobbies :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I agree it never should have existed at all, or maybe everyone should get it no matter what their input is. Epic tries to get cute with varying degrees of aim assist in Fortnite depending on the platform and input method, and you know what happens? People find ways to exploit it, such as by using a controller with a tablet or phone. There are real-money tournaments in Fortnite, though, so there is a massive incentive to cheat.

I still do not understand the whining of people who paid $500 for a console and $150 for a fancy controller but can’t afford $100 for an XIM adapter and bum an old KB and mouse off of a friend or relative. If I were a console person I’d do it anyway just so I could have a real KB when I need one for actual typing in chat, search, etc.

It hasn’t been mentioned yet but might be a significant factor in why console can’t have aim assist in PC lobbies: It would be extremely difficult to tell who is using an aimbot (cheating) and who’s using aim assist, and there would be a lot of false-positive cheating reports. Yes I know there’s a little console icon next to the player’s tag in the social screen, but that’s not enough.

I don’t get why they don’t simply separate the player pools by peripherals instead of platforms.

M&K plays in one pool without aim assist, while controller plays in a separate pool with aim assist.

Want to play together with a friend on another platform?
Just plug in a controller or M&K and you can without any advantage or disadvantage.

6 Likes

I think you can’t have it due to the rampant ximming issue plaguing high elo console. Give aim assist to someone ximming and you’ll start ruining high level lobbies on pc.
Aim assist with mouse and keyboard is 110% cheating and basically soft aim bot

2 Likes

Because there’s people tricking the system. Using a Xim to make the game think they’re using a controller when they have aim assist on M+KB. It’s a big issue in masters/gm console lobbies

2 Likes

I don’t really see how this would be a worse issue if you divided by peripherals.

If at all at least the players who used XIM simply because they prefer M&K and not because they want an advantage could now play legitimately in the M&K pool, so it might get even a bit better on console.

1 Like

I highly doubt most people on high elo console would want to give up aim assist with M+KB. Most ximmers I’ve communicated with in chat even say it’s for the aim assist when I ask “why not go to pc?”
If you’re able to cheat and get a significant advantage without penalty why not? Do some people legitimately want to use M+KB on console? Sure but it’s a very small amount as shown in numerous other FPS games that allow it on the platform

1 Like

took you a year to notice

They could actually start to enforce their XIM ban, because they would finally offer their console player base a legitimate alternative.

2 Likes

Console players have been begging for this for years. It’s a big problem with Sony and ms. Blizzard basically doesn’t care even if you send video evidence the system won’t ban them unless there’s a large amount of reports to auto ban. Our only solution is go to pc if we want competitive integrity which is what a lot of high elo console players did like joystick and cod code.

Then I would recommend to stop buying and playing on consoles until Sony and Microsoft stop neglecting their console player bases :woman_shrugging:

Yeah, no, the console XIM/KBM people would get stomped by PC aimbotters. I’d kind of like to see that, though. It would be UFC for Overwatch.

1 Like

Aim assist is not an aimbot. I bet most of the people who complains about aim assist have never played with a game pad. What is clearly unfair, and it’s what it’s happening on this beta, it’s to make controller players play in the same pools than mouse keyboard players, with or without aim assist.

5 Likes